Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is Obamacare affordable for ANYONE???

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 185 Replies
2 moms liked this

As far as I can tell the ACA is anything BUT affordable. I have yet to hear of anyone who isnt either entirely losing their insurance or receiving an astronomical increase. I know so many going from an affordable amount of $150-$350 for their family, up to $700-$1500. How is that affordable?? And MONTHLY ..Some people dont even make $1500 monthly. I am so sad to see so many still defending Obamacare.

The biggest defense I see is that the ACA is making it illegal for companies to exclude those with pre-existing conditions... Obama could have implemented that into law WITHOUT forcing the ACA down everyone's throats. This supposedly affordable care act is becoming a nightmare for almost every family. By the end of next year the majority of this country will be uninsured and paying the penalty because they simply cannot afford health insurance anymore. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TexanMomOf6
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:05 AM
3 moms liked this
And this is a surprise to anyone?
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:09 AM

the pre existing clause is the single thing that I benefit from the affordable health care act. I would like to say its worth it but really i don't feel it is. I don't know how high my insurance rate goes up until the end of November but my husband said people are whispering that is bad.. 

Photo: -Randi.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:09 AM
1 mom liked this

I will save a ton of money.  And companies choosing to not pay for insurance has been in the work for decades... I used to pay $20 a month for no deductable full coverage...I now pay $500 a month with a $8000 deductable -THRU my employer.

I will save money with the ACA.

abecee
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:09 AM
3 moms liked this

I can't recall one program that was initiated while Obama has been in office that was successful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Quoting brettsmomma:

the pre existing clause is the single thing that I benefit from the affordable health care act. I would like to say its worth it but really i don't feel it is. I don't know how high my insurance rate goes up until the end of November but my husband said people are whispering that is bad.. 

If it is Non-complying, it gives you the right to purchase on the marketplace.

fliptopz4
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous:

I will save a ton of money.  And companies choosing to not pay for insurance has been in the work for decades... I used to pay $20 a month for no deductable full coverage...I now pay $500 a month with a $8000 deductable -THRU my employer.

How is that saving money?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I know im confused?? LOL .. Sounds like your getting royally screwed.

Quoting fliptopz4:

Quoting Anonymous:

How is that saving money?

brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:14 AM

We have insurance. Pretty great insurance. But now our rates will increase to help my insurance company afford the affordable health care act. LOL Right now I think we pay a little over 300 a month for family coverage(we have to cover my hubbies two adult children for one more year so its necessary) We heard that might go up to 500 a month. -.- 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting brettsmomma:

If it is Non-complying, it gives you the right to purchase on the marketplace.

Photo: -Randi.

KyliesMom5
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:14 AM
2 moms liked this

I havn't even bothered to look and see what it would cost for me. I refuse to sign up for it. I think Obama should sign up his family for it if it is such a great thing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:15 AM

With my new insurance it will be like not having insurance until I pay the first $3000. After that I pay 15%.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured