Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This is why I hate sahm's on welfare

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 746 Replies
22 moms liked this
Yesterday I was talking to a girl renewing her food stamps (I was turning in paperwork for foster care). The lady asked her if she was employed and she said no, just her husband worked. So the dhs lady handed her a workforce paper that had a list of available jobs. She walked out right in front of me and trashed it. Exact words "why would I work if I don't have to?"

Ummm because the state is supporting you!!

ALL ADULTS LIVING IN YOUR HOME SHOULD BE WORKING IF YOU ARE ON GOVT ASSISTANCE. Period - and yes I'm working in changing the law.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:13 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:14 AM
15 moms liked this

It's refreshing to see someone who is actually working to back up their opinions.

I do urge caution, though.  Some situations might warrant the SAHP being home regardless.  Things like special needs children who can't go to regular daycares, a sick/dying relative, etc can be legitimate reasons for there to be a SAHP on assistance.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Yesterday I was talking to a girl renewing her food stamps (I was turning in paperwork for foster care). The lady asked her if she was employed and she said no, just her husband worked. So the dhs lady handed her a workforce paper that had a list of available jobs. She walked out right in front of me and trashed it. Exact words "why would I work if I don't have to?"

ALL ADULTS LIVING IN YOUR HOME SHOULD BE WORKING IF YOU ARE ON GOVT ASSISTANCE. Period - and yes I'm working in changing the law.

Anonymous
59 moms liked this

If you are on welfare you are NOT a stay at home mom, you are a welfare mom.   Stay at home mom's are supported by their husband, SO or are independently wealthy.

Anonymous
7 moms liked this
*starts slow clap*
JDmommyJD
by ♥Awesome Sauce♥ on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:14 AM
1 mom liked this

YOU are going to change the law? lol.. good luck with that.

Here you have to go to some type of class if you dont have a job.. I cant remember whats its called (my friend had to do it)... its like training or something. Anyhow, she actually landed a job out of it. And now that I think about it I cant remember if she had to do it for fs or for just money.. Doh'..

PoisonEyeV
by _ on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:14 AM
16 moms liked this

Lol well that's nice. However, not everyone has that kind of piss poor attitude when it comes to being on assistance.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:15 AM
I should have said I agree there should be an exception for those who have children with SEVERE disabilities.

Quoting Anonymous:

It's refreshing to see someone who is actually working to back up their opinions.

I do urge caution, though.  Some situations might warrant the SAHP being home regardless.  Things like special needs children who can't go to regular daycares, a sick/dying relative, etc can be legitimate reasons for there to be a SAHP on assistance.  

Quoting Anonymous:

Krysta784
by Dani on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:16 AM
5 moms liked this

Good luck with that law change sweetheart......you sure can judge without knowing details, can't you?

Angelicembrace
by The Dorkfish on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:16 AM
Rme
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:17 AM
7 moms liked this
I don't need to know the details. I already said there is an exception for disabilities. And yes I do write letters to my state representatives and yes I did start a petition for my state and already have 1,000 signatures

Quoting Krysta784:

Good luck with that law change sweetheart......you sure can judge without knowing details, can't you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)