Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

speaking of tips, do you tip your....

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:34 AM
  • 69 Replies
Pet groomer? I was talking to my employee about it yesterday, and honestly I am shocked that so few people tip us. When I worked in NJ, almost every client tipped. Now I am in NY, and barely any tip. Even when I do extra, like free pick up and drop off of thier pet(s). I often donate a free grooming certificate to local churches and shelters for raffles and the winners never tip. I think its rude, and have considered putting up a sign that tips are appreciated. I don't think anyone would consider NOT tipping their hair stylist, why is it ok to not tip you pets stylist?
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4everJs
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:35 AM
No I don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:35 AM
I don't tip anybody unless I think they went above and beyond.
LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Ok, so if I (at no extra charge) picked up and bought home your pet, you would tip.....right? None of my clients do, so I have informed them all I will be charging for this service in the future.

Quoting Anonymous:

suzanneyea
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I did when I had a dog.

LoriLou75
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Why not? Do you tip your hair stylist?

Quoting 4everJs:

No I don't.
diaperstodating
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:40 AM
I think you deserve a tip for what you do.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:47 AM
If I knew it was something special, I would.

But how long have you been doing this? If you did it all the time, I'd assume the gas fee was included in the price. If it was a special service that I needed (for instance, you offered to pick them up because I couldn't make the appointment) I would tip without a doubt.

Quoting LoriLou75:

Ok, so if I (at no extra charge) picked up and bought home your pet, you would tip.....right? None of my clients do, so I have informed them all I will be charging for this service in the future.

Quoting Anonymous:

mommyof11050307
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Do you work for yourself or for a company? I tip my hairstyles at work because I pay a certain amount and I know she only gets paid a certain percentage. When I go to her house I don tip because she what she charges me includes everything and straight cash goes into her pocket. She wouldn't ever expect someone to tip her at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:52 AM

i've never used a pet groomer...but, honestly, i don't know that i would realize tips were expected for that service.  if you picked up my pet, i would assume that was part of the total price.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I don't have a pet groomer. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN