Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

phone techies...please help!!!

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:36 AM
  • 5 Replies

i have the galaxy s3 and haven't had any problems with it at all until last night.  my text notification sound is driving me crazy.  i have it set to be a ghost sound and it's been working fine until last night.  now, all of the sudden, when i get a text, i hear the ghost sound AND it announces the name of the person sending the text.  it's driving me bonkers.  when i check the settings, it all looks correct and i can't figure out why in the crap it started doing this.  any ideas?

by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KyliesMom5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe, the phone is haunted!  I have no clue. You may have to take it in to your provider and see if they can fix it.

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:41 AM

i thought about taking it in, but i would feel like a freakin' idiot.  i keep following my 16 yo around begging him to look at it and he says he'll look at it later.  teenager are very annoying, btw. 

Quoting KyliesMom5:

Maybe, the phone is haunted!  I have no clue. You may have to take it in to your provider and see if they can fix it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:45 AM
Did you download an app to get the ghost sound? If so it might just be the way the app is supposed to work other than that your phone is just haunted plain and simple. Lolol just joking, hope you get to the bottom of it and Happy Halloween
KyliesMom5
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Hey, I took my Iphone in because I could not figure out how to email myself some texts I received. The guy showed me how to copy and paste them. It was so simple (yes, I felt pretty stupid) and I don't know why I couldn't figure it out on my own. I probably should have handed the phone to my 11 year old. She would have known how to do it. I know they can and my daughter is not even an official teen yet. But that is when I would be even more annoying to get her to do something.  

Quoting almondpigeon:

i thought about taking it in, but i would feel like a freakin' idiot.  i keep following my 16 yo around begging him to look at it and he says he'll look at it later.  teenager are very annoying, btw. 

Quoting KyliesMom5:

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:46 AM

it is an app, but it's the same app i've used for the past 3 or 4 months to get ringtones and notifications.  it's working fine...it's the damn weird computer voice announcing a name that's driving me crazy.   i'm still googling my butt off trying to figure out what's wrong :)

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you download an app to get the ghost sound? If so it might just be the way the app is supposed to work other than that your phone is just haunted plain and simple. Lolol just joking, hope you get to the bottom of it and Happy Halloween

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)