Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

agree or disagree, if you cant invite all don't invite any

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:43 AM
  • 11 Replies
If your dd is having a birthday party, and she wants friends to sleep over. Do you think every girl invited to party should be invited to sleep over, or is it ok to exclude some. And why ??
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
llamaqueen
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:44 AM
In that situation I would invite every girl. Sucks being the one left out kwim?
Kaelaasmom
by Katie on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:45 AM
4 moms liked this

I wouldn't want more than one of my daughter's friends to sleep over at a time because we don't have a lot of space. I would probably have the friend sleep over the night before the party and go home at the end like the rest.

CafeMom Tickers
ittyprincess604
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:46 AM
I don't think I would exclude any. All the girls there that are going to sleep over will be talking about it, and I know I wouldn't wanna be that kid who had to listen to it all and not be invited.
Connie04
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I would keep the number of guests to a manageable level, and they all should be invited for the sleepover.  If DD only wants certain kids for a sleepover, then have it another time; not the night of her party.

suzanneyea
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Depends how many are being asked to leave. If ten girls come to the party, but only two spend the night, that seems fine.

bpryce
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:49 AM
If they are invited to the party, they should be invites to the sleep over. If you don't want 10 kids spending the night at your house, then don't invite 10 to the party, kwim
almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:50 AM

i think they shoud all be invited to sleepover.  a few months ago, i would have had a different answer....but my dd7 was invited to a bday party that ended with a sleepover.  she was invited to stay the night, but because of family plans, i ended up picking her up at around 8 pm.  she was heartbroken and desperately wanted to stay for the sleepover too.  if a little girl KNEW that some of the party guests were invited to stay all night and she wasn't invited, it would really hurt her feelings.  

.Bad.Wolf.
by Morsmordre on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:51 AM
I would feel bad excluding some from the sleepover :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aliceinwildland
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:52 AM

In elementary, I think its best to invite every girl, just to avoid problems that could arise at school.

MelanieMans
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:52 AM
1 mom liked this
How many girls will be at the party and how many are staying?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)