Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How does the affordable care act affect you

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
greatwhiteshark
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:02 PM
I don't know yet. I get health insurance though work and pay 30 dollars a week for full coverage, vision and life insurance. I am worried about it. I will find out in November.
armywifey1983
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know yet. Dh is looking for work now, and when he finds a job we are going to weigh their insurance policies with obamacare, and choose which one is a better deal.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:04 PM

It doesn't yet, we're under union contract for healthcare until 2016, so we won't have to deal with it until then......frankly as poorly as it is set up, I doubt it will still be here in 2016.

XoXo.Nikki.XoXo
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:08 PM
Insurance premium has went up yet again (which is typical, so this part wasn't a surprise), but my deductible is way higher than this year. My deductible practically doubled, forcing me to take out more on flex spending since I don't have thousands of dollars sitting around to pay my insane deductible. My out of pocket costs are double this year too. Sucks big time, but there is nothing I can do about it. I have to suck it up, but it doesn't mean I am ok with this obamacare bullshit.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mizz_Sassyfrass
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:14 PM
2 moms liked this
for me and my husband it means we can't be denied health coverage as of January 1st.
vindicated
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:16 PM

my state chose to not extend medicaide. so...i STILL cant get insurance but i WILL be fined more. i never see a doc because i dont have insurance. so i'm just going to be fined for no reason.

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:18 PM

You can't be denied.  You -and all the rest of us - simply have to be able to afford the greatly increased premiums and deductibles. 

Just because you "have access" to something, does not mean you will be able to pay for it.  I hope you are, but many are finding out that they are not. 

Quoting Mizz_Sassyfrass:

for me and my husband it means we can't be denied health coverage as of January 1st.

Buggy979
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:21 PM
We get insurance thru my husbands job and we just found out its going up $80 a month, out of pocket premium went up $1100 more . Obama care sucks..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mizz_Sassyfrass
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:25 PM
our coverage doesn't begin until January 1st. and our premium is locked in until June 2018.
thank god for being Union.

Quoting TranquilMind:

You can't be denied.  You -and all the rest of us - simply have to be able to afford the greatly increased premiums and deductibles. 

Just because you "have access" to something, does not mean you will be able to pay for it.  I hope you are, but many are finding out that they are not. 

Quoting Mizz_Sassyfrass:

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Well, that's good for you, and certainly not the case for most.

Quoting Mizz_Sassyfrass:

our coverage doesn't begin until January 1st. and our premium is locked in until June 2018.
thank god for being Union.

Quoting TranquilMind:

Quoting Mizz_Sassyfrass:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)