Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is a True Emergency to you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 424 Replies
In another post, everyone is saying they had a Real Emergency, and they went to the ER and called their husband out of work.

What emergency have you had to go to the ER?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
I missed the other post...

I had a full thickness chemical burn about the size of a softball on my thigh that required an ER trip and calling DH home from work. Does that count?

Edit: okay, I saw the other post.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:04 PM
I went to the hospital about 11pm when I was 9 months pregnant, two days before my due date. My husband was supposed to work at 4 am. They were going to make him come in if I wasn't being admitted into the hospital. I stayed until 3am when I finally went 1cm, and then had my baby 23.5 hours after I started labor.
I HATE my husband's work.
anotherhalf
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:05 PM
I have never been to the ER for myself. I have brought ds twice because I totally overreacted. So no real emergencies here.
mattsgirl22521
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I went to the ER when I had appendicitis. Other than that it's been years for me. We also took my daughter when she had an asthma attack and she ended up in the PICU.

ashwee356
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Asthma attack.

broken leg.

sorcha1945
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:07 PM
When I was twelve and had a hard time breathing.
MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:08 PM

The only time I've been to the ER since childhood has been heart related.To me,it was a real emergency.Especially after seeing how fast everyone at the ER reacted after hearing why I was there.Hubby was the one telling me to get to the ER and left work right away.I didn't call to have him come home.

There was several times while I was pregnant with our daughter that I had to go to the women's center,not ER,to have labor stopped (it was a very high-risk pregnancy anyways) and hubby rushed from work for that.

mamalynnsmith
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest having a seizure caused by a fever, him fracturing his wrist, my husband being bite by a dog. 

Hanab818
by ThePonds on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Me or the kids needing sugery immediately, heart attack, stroke, loss of consciousness, seizures.
beerabitch69
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:09 PM

boys when they are babies: fevers and such.

nothing really now, stitches once. 

me: nothing.  Only when I broke a bone.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)