Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need Baby Shower ideas

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

So my friends are trying to plan my baby shower but they have NO IDEA what they're doing. Our biggest problem is WHERE to throw it. So do you ladies have any ideas? Where did you have your baby shower?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I did it at my mom's house because she has a nice floor plan and a big deck in the backyard which was easily accessible. We put some games and "crafts" outside for people to do. It worked out really well. 

I saw some people put up a gazebo and do it at our local park. It was a nice day, but the cake/presents got to hang under the gazebo and the pregnant lady and all her friends were out in the hot sun! That didn't strike me as the most brilliant idea. 

In my husband's hometown, which is super small, everyone did theirs at the Lions club? Or something like that? Some kind of local "club" that had a banquet hall. Or they would do it at the local bars. Which was SUPER classy.... 

If it'll be in the winter, I'd say pick a house and do it there. Save yourself some money and headache. 

KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:39 PM
1 mom liked this

I had mine at a restaurant. My mom rented out a banquet room.

leanntx
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:42 PM
I had mine at our house. That way nothing had to be loaded up and taken home. It was just easier that way.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:43 PM

How much does that usually cost, btw?

Quoting KairisMama:

KairisMama
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Well I know she paid close to $1000. It was for about 35 people, and was a 3-4 hour rental. There were appetizers, an open bar, and a 3 course lunch served. It was pricey.

To save, having a shower at a house works lovely too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting KairisMama:

Amy_M
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Someone's house, a small hall, church, restaurant, banquet room, hotel, the possibilities are endless really

I had my first at the clubhouse of my dad;s apartment complex and the second was at our house.  That was more of a party with male/female guests

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:47 PM

That sounds like so much fun, though. Lol

Quoting KairisMama:

Well I know she paid close to $1000. It was for about 35 people, and was a 3-4 hour rental. There were appetizers, an open bar, and a 3 course lunch served. It was pricey.

To save, having a shower at a house works lovely too.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting KairisMama:

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:52 PM

How about a brunch at someone's house? Bagels, muffins, quiche, salads, coffee & mimosas and you are done. Classy, cost effective and simple. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Do it at your house. Or if you live in an apartment or any other community like condos or mobile homes check out the clubhouse. They can be really cheap to rent out and offer a good amount of space. 

kristen0812
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM
My shower was at a hall. My sprinkle was at the godmothers house.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)