Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you are a lesbian...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
How did you have kids? Adoption or IVF? Or were you married or had a boyfriend and got pregnant and had a kid and then decided you were a lesbian?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not a lesbian, but I do have two different lesbian mom friends who had babies through IVF. I also know of two different lesbian couples from my home town who had children with men they were married to and then started dating women. I don't know the details though--if they are bi or were jut confused or what.
pumpkin1423
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd probably ask this question in the rainbow room or whatever that group is called. You would probably get more honest replies there. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I really don't see why a woman would want to be in a relationship with another woman. I work with a bunch of women and while i love them to pieces in all honestly women in general are 2 faced and bitchy.

orchardmoma
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:55 PM
2 moms liked this

These are the types of responses you're going to get  and you'll find your question will be derailed and driven into a bitch ditch! so like the other mom said, there is a specific group to ask these questions to. :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I really don't see why a woman would want to be in a relationship with another woman. I work with a bunch of women and while i love them to pieces in all honestly women in general are 2 faced and bitchy.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Oct. 26, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I know one lesbian couple irl.

One partner conceived with a close mutual friend of the two. 

He is also a part of the equation and is as supportive a parent as they are.

It's totally meta...They could write a book on the neat shit they did to make their trifecta work.

AVE SATANAS!
FoxFire363
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:09 PM
4 moms liked this
My first was conceived before I was out. I was aware I liked women but was still dating men because I desperately wanted to be "normal." There was no "deciding" I was a lesbian, I have felt attraction for other females since I was getting crushes in elementary school. It was about accepting myself for who I am. My second child was conceived with the help of a donor after my wife and I had been together quite a few years. Our son is now almost 2. My first child is my dd who is 11.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:18 PM
2 moms liked this
There's no deciding you are a lesbian. There is just accepting it. Many can't accept it right away so are with men because they want to feel "normal".
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Our twins were conceived 3yrs after we were in a civil union in 2000. We did IVF; we used my partners eggs and I carried so we both could be apart of baby making. We used an anon donor. We have been together almost 14yrs now.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:31 PM
I knew when I was writing my original post that I probably shouldn't use the word "decided " because it was going to offend someone. I don't think that a person decides to be homosexual. I know that they are born with a preference. I apologize for my wording.

Quoting FoxFire363:

My first was conceived before I was out. I was aware I liked women but was still dating men because I desperately wanted to be "normal." There was no "deciding" I was a lesbian, I have felt attraction for other females since I was getting crushes in elementary school. It was about accepting myself for who I am. My second child was conceived with the help of a donor after my wife and I had been together quite a few years. Our son is now almost 2. My first child is my dd who is 11.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:33 PM
I knew I was choosing the wrong word when I said "decide". I didn't mean so much that someone decides they're homosexual as much as they come to the realization. Again, I'm sorry for my choice of words.

Quoting Anonymous:

There's no deciding you are a lesbian. There is just accepting it. Many can't accept it right away so are with men because they want to feel "normal".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)