Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 13 year old daughter asked me if she could have a boy come over to watch a movie & I said yes....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 90 Replies
Of course her best friend will be there along with my 15 year old daughter in the living room. I will also be home with my boyfriend & his son. Would you do the same thing as well?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom0f3thatsme
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:10 PM
I would.
ame85
by Chemistry cat on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:12 PM
2 moms liked this
Yep. Chaperoned dates at 13 are ok in my book. No snuggling under a blanket though, and hands need to be where I can see them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:13 PM
My boyfriend said no when I had talked to him about this. He can be so sexist at times.... He thinks it's ok for a boy to have a girl to come over but a girl doing that? NO

Quoting mom0f3thatsme:

I would.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:13 PM
It's definitely not a date lol. She doesn't like him like that.

Quoting ame85:

Yep. Chaperoned dates at 13 are ok in my book. No snuggling under a blanket though, and hands need to be where I can see them.

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:14 PM
No.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Even if he is just a friend? She has told me about him. She has no interest in him as a boyfriend.

Quoting MIA0223:

No.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:16 PM
5 moms liked this
Why is your BOYFRIEND telling you what to do with YOUR daughter?...

Quoting Anonymous:

My boyfriend said no when I had talked to him about this. He can be so sexist at times.... He thinks it's ok for a boy to have a girl to come over but a girl doing that? NO

Quoting mom0f3thatsme:

I would.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Yes i woukd...
My best friend all through high school was a boy... we're still friends. My mom used to let me stay over there if she had to ho out of town and vice versa. Each of our moms were like a second mom for us. We never even thought to try anything sexual... there wasn't anything there. In fact he later dated my cousin and I dated/married his cousin.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Right? I was just talking to him about it & he said no. I,of course, have the final say.

Quoting Anonymous:

Why is your BOYFRIEND telling you what to do with YOUR daughter?...

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting mom0f3thatsme:

I would.

elisesmom922
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 1:18 PM

We do this often here, but it isn't a date. DD's best friend is my best friend's oldest son. He is 11 and DD is 9.5. They have been best friends for years, but this year since he started middle school, we had to sit them down and explain that they weren't little anymore, their bodies were changing,  etc.  They looked at us and were like EWWW!! It's only DD/BFF! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)