Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My damn car broke down:(

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:18 PM
  • 6 Replies
It's the first time I've had a car break down! I know it's either bad battery/connection, starter or alternator. Pretty sure it's battery connection issues. Waiting in the cold car for the tow truck:(
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:28 PM
My sisters car broke down yesterday. Think her transmission is shot or something get car is like permanently stick in neutral. Anyways I waited with her while her tow truck came and gave her a ride home. She can't get her car looked at for about 2 weeks :(.. Hope you get it sorted out soon!
olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:33 PM
That sucks! I'm going to have my neighbor look at it this evening, he's a mechanic. And I hope I'm riding home with tow truck dude because I'm here alone. Not a great place either:-/

Quoting MistyMoo:

My sisters car broke down yesterday. Think her transmission is shot or something get car is like permanently stick in neutral. Anyways I waited with her while her tow truck came and gave her a ride home. She can't get her car looked at for about 2 weeks :(.. Hope you get it sorted out soon!
mattsgirl22521
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Our heater went out....again. The air conditioner worked all summer and now, for the second year in a row, right before the cold weather gets here the damn heater went out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I know this sounds silly. But is the gear in park? I had mine not start once and it was because the gear wasn't all the way in park. My dad drove out to help me and it was instantly fixed. 

MistyMoo
by Emerald Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Yikes!

Quoting olliesmommy2:

That sucks! I'm going to have my neighbor look at it this evening, he's a mechanic. And I hope I'm riding home with tow truck dude because I'm here alone. Not a great place either:-/

Quoting MistyMoo:

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Oct. 26, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Yes. I'm a mechanics daughter, I tried jumping it, tightening the cables on the battery, nothing. Thank you though, sometimes it is those little things we don't think of!

Quoting Anonymous:

I know this sounds silly. But is the gear in park? I had mine not start once and it was because the gear wasn't all the way in park. My dad drove out to help me and it was instantly fixed. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)