Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you do something you regret...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies
and everyone else thinks is wrong, should someone spread it and have you bashed forever in a small town?

I feel like moving, b/c I dropped a cat off at animal control, who would take it to a no-kill animal shelter. It was a feral, outdoor cat that we began feeding and became ours. The neighbor shot it in the head with a BB gun, talked about having the neighbors (whose mulch was apparently smelly because of pea) put out rat traps for it (which they wouldn't have done). And it always got in cat fights, got hurt, and lived in our downstairs bathroom twice to heal (and I was always worried about the expense of the next vet visit). He couldn't roam the house b/c we couldn't get the cat and dog used to each other.

I would never get rid of a pet again, I am truly sorry, and my daughter is still devastated. He was the sweetest and most beautiful cat ever. I just got caught up in it all and in the end it was the constant complaining and meanness of the neighbors that was the deciding factor.

Should I ever be forgiven? I, of course, believe so. My neighbor tells everyone animal control kills them. I know what they told me (no kill shelter) but if no one believes it, why does it matter what's true? Seriously. Where is forgiveness and belief that a person can grow and change?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
anotherhalf
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Your town must have literally NOTHING going on.

Sorry your the town's shameful resident.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Lol. I might be making the towns reaction more extreme than necessary. I'm just totally feeling guilty and can't lose the feeling. It has been three years. Every new person I meet eventually speaks to this very well known person about me and stops speaking to me. It's so frustrating.

Quoting anotherhalf:

Your town must have literally NOTHING going on.

Sorry your the town's shameful resident.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)