Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where Do I Start? (PA post) **Update**

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

I can't find a daycare for my youngest (3 centers have closed in the last year and many are limiting to 2yr and above) and we are getting to the point that we really need a second income.  My husband isn't good with money and knowing we were about to get tighter on our budget he spent a bunch on eating out--even after I asked him to stop multiple times.  Well, now here we are with no savings, my car doesn't work half the time, and we need to apply for PA but I don't even know where to start.  On the 1st everything goes down to the lowest basic or is gone.  We have never been in this position before and I don't even know where to start and don't know what we may even qualify for because it is my husband's paycheck and his disability.

We are separating after the first of the year and using tax return $ for divorce lawyers.  Now, where do I begin? I'm still not working but still having trouble finding daycare for the youngest.  One place posted on craigslist and I'm going to look at them on Monday, hope they aren't like they use to be because that would be very very bad.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:47 PM

BUMP!

bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:50 PM
Look on your states SNAP website
P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Go to your local office SRS or  DCF and start from there. There will be social workers that will walk you through the process. They will help you find jobs and daycare. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:58 PM
Are there private daycares? Or could you get liscenced to do home daycare?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:00 PM

I have no way to block off my kitchen so I can't do licensed home daycare.  Almost all we have here is private daycares (she isn't even 18 months yet) and in home providers.

Quoting Anonymous:

Are there private daycares? Or could you get liscenced to do home daycare?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:03 PM

Thanks, I found the food stamps form online and will call them Monday.

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

Go to your local office SRS or  DCF and start from there. There will be social workers that will walk you through the process. They will help you find jobs and daycare. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 21, 2013 at 5:23 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Dec. 21, 2013 at 5:23 PM

We did not qualify for anything on his incomes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)