Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

he almost died this morning

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 96 Replies
I'm in rehab right now. It's a small, executive luxury rehab. We got a new client late last night, and he was wasted upon arrival. He tested positive for about every major drug, and his arms were trashed from assumed self mutilation. This morning, the counselors and some clients were sitting outside visiting. The new guy's roommate and another guy were talking about his odd breathing and skin color. I specifically said that he is not ok based on that info, and may be in respiratory distress. The counselors talked about doing his vitals, and sat for 15 or so minutes "gossiping" about him, and then finally went up to do his vitals. Sure enough, the man was in really bad shape, and they had to call the ambulance. His O2stats were 35, and he was unconscious and blue and grey. It took 3 shots of Narcan by the paramedics to get him to regain consciousness.

I am so angry about the counselors' lack of Iimmediate action when they sat listening for 15-20 minutes about how this guy was not ok and when I flat out said it sounded like he was in severe respiratory distress! He was very close to freakin death, and they are just making excuses and being defensive. Ugh.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:06 PM

That's too bad, hope he is okay. How do you know this personal info on this guy, isn't this confidential?

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Confidentiality is a joke here. There basically is none.

Quoting Anonymous:

That's too bad, hope he is okay. How do you know this personal info on this guy, isn't this confidential?

mommy74146
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:07 PM
3 moms liked this

file a complaint.

SkellyBird
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:09 PM

File a complaint and maybe move to a diffeent facility? I wouldn't want to stay there after that shit

MistyMoo
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:10 PM
Oh wow... That's crazy...
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:11 PM
Maybe it is not the best place for you? I would definitely a complaint.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:12 PM
I love the facility. This was just horrible. A horrible mistake. I guess the guy is ok now.

Quoting SkellyBird:

File a complaint and maybe move to a diffeent facility? I wouldn't want to stay there after that shit

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:14 PM

can you report this to someone higher up?  I volunteer at a rehab once a week and know that something like this would not be acceptable there. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:14 PM
I'm ok. Just still a bit angry and upset. I feel better knowing he's ok, now. I had a severe anxiety attack and had to lay down and do a guided imagery, and it helped a lot. I just hope they maybe learn from it and change some protocol? Or something...

Quoting Anonymous:

Maybe it is not the best place for you? I would definitely a complaint.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)