Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Another gluten free question

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:36 PM
  • 10 Replies
Does anyone know where I can buy bulk gluten free foods for cheap? I have a $500 per month food budget and I would love to be able to stick to it. Thanks!
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy06and09
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Anyone???
NanaMomo
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:46 PM
1 mom liked this

You can buy gluten free flours online. I made alot from scratch.

There's also a ton of flourless recipes out there.

I stick to rice and oats, I have made bread free sandwiches, just made a wrap with a leaf of lettuce. Heathy snacks like fruits, veggies, cheese, nuts etc.

Most people feel like they need the gluten free alternatives when switching, but that is expensive most of the time., Once you learn to eat with out any of that, you don't really miss it. 

I would occasionally buy a gluten free 'treat', like a bag of pretzels, but the cheapest and best way to do it is to cut most of that out of your diet.

jkohler
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:47 PM

We've gotten Bob's Red Mill flour off of Amazon.com.  I've found it cheaper to make most of what my daughter eats homemade.  

http://www.amazon.com/Bobs-Red-Mill-Gluten-Free-All-Purpose/dp/B000KEPBCS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1382820391&sr=8-2&keywords=bob%27s+red+mill+gluten+free+flour

Jensep
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Whole foods, trader joes, jewel osco, enjoylifefoods.com 

-some of these stores may not be available by you, but we use enjoylifefoods.com a lot, any health food store also has a good variety

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:48 PM
We simply avoid those foods.
jkohler
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Also, we use a lot of corn tortillas for her "sandwiches".  Most Chex cereal is gluten free.  

mommy06and09
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:52 PM
What kinds of things do you eat instead? it seems like its in everything!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

We simply avoid those foods.

happykitty316
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:52 PM

We just got a Super Walmart, and while their gluten free section is small, what they have in it is $1-$2 cheaper than at the grocery store.  Hope that helps.

mommy06and09
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Sweet! I have I've by me so I will check it out. thanks!

Quoting happykitty316:

We just got a Super Walmart, and while their gluten free section is small, what they have in it is $1-$2 cheaper than at the grocery store.  Hope that helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)