Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I FINALLY HAVE MY SISTER. I'm now her guardian.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies
3 moms liked this
She's my half sister. She's only 13 I found out her mom (my step mom) was abusing her an our da would do nothing. She has physical issues (since birth) and her mother take it out on her because she couldn't make a perfect kid.
I've been over the paper work done all the reports and everything that's just too much to talk about but I finally have custody of her. I can't even describe how happy she was in the car on the way home.
I'm 22 with a two year old son it was defiantly hard but I proved no one else could take her and I could provide and keep her safe and I finally have her.
I won't care what people think when were walking down the street because now I know she's safe. We're making cookies to decorate an having a mini party with soda and pizza. It's a dream come true. It won't be easy raising a teen girl I have limited experience with girls (I have a boy) but we can make this work. Today can't get any better.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenniy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:43 PM

Good Luck!

lauren.m
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Poor kid. I'm glad you have her now and have the opportunity to make the rest of her life good :)
ivegotrhythm
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Great for both of you!
Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Good luck.  And hugs....

Ninjascreenname
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:46 PM
good for u for standing up for her. :) enjoy your party!
Babujai
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Congratulations to you both and good luck.
RonaH
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:47 PM

you rock

EntrepeneurMom
by The Major on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:50 PM
I know people in similar sitiuations, she told me that her sister had more respect for her because she tries to be a sister, not a mum. You can still protect ans guide her, draw on your own memories of being a teen but she's less likely to pull away from you if she sees you as her older sibling still. Good luck
graybealgirl
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:54 PM
Awesome
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 4:55 PM
1 mom liked this
Yea. If she were two or three I might have tried the parent role but at this point we both know that won't work. I'm her big sis giving her a safe place to call home until she's ready to do bigger things and be on her own.

Quoting EntrepeneurMom:

I know people in similar sitiuations, she told me that her sister had more respect for her because she tries to be a sister, not a mum. You can still protect ans guide her, draw on your own memories of being a teen but she's less likely to pull away from you if she sees you as her older sibling still. Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)