Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He took me to court to have his CS lowered and they raised it lol

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 320 Replies
11 moms liked this

So my ex got married to a woman with 2 boys  who are 9 and 12. Before they got married, he had a 2 bedroom town home. He thought that he was going to give her boys DD's bedroom and DD (8) would sleep on the couch when visiting. Our court order specifically says that she is to have a bedroom. He thought he would be a smart ass and said "fine, I will put her in the room with the boys, then she does, in fact have a room" (it doesn't say it has to be just her room. Well I didn't take that threat lightly, I took it right back to court, showed the judge where he sent me a text message saying that she would share with the boys. He then told the judge that they are getting a 3 bedroom place and that DD will share with their new baby (his wife was pregnant). I didn't think it was right for my DD to share a room with a baby who would likely wake her up at night. The judge ordered that she had to have her own room and that if he fails to comply with this, he will suspend overnights. 

Well he realized that he couldn't afford a 4 bedroom place so he felt like he should get to pay less CS to help provide for that place (have his wife get a job, heck no, take from your kid). He was paying $680 a month plus $120 to pay off his back CS from the first 3 years of her life (when I had a case with child support enforcement and he refused to pay) so he pays a total of $800 a month. Anyway, he talked to me about that and I said no way so he filed for a modification to reduce CS. He explained to the  judge why he wanted a decrease of $200 a month and the judge said that his growing family was not my responsibly. When the judge worked out the numbers, he realized that my ex was making $500 more per month then he was 5 years ago when the judge made the order. Therefore, he raised the child support to $765 so now he has to pay a total of $885

I would almost feel bad for him but then I remember that he tried to lower what he pays to support our DD because he chose to take on 2 step sons and have another child all while his wife isn't working. It's like his wife staying at home and them having another baby is more important then his supporting DD. The first few years of her life, things were tight and I struggled a bit and the CS he should have been paying would have made things so much easier so I guess that is anther reason I don't feel bad that he may have to struggle now.

Before people start asking me why I need so much in CS 1. I didn't ask for the raise and 2 DD goes to private school that I don't ask my ex to contribute a single dime to.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:19 PM

BUMP!

SkellyBird
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

haha idiot

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:22 PM
7 moms liked this
Im glad your daughter is being taken care of.

Its those boys moms place to provide for them. Not your dds dad
AngryBob
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:22 PM
I'm in the opposite boat because I'm a step mom, but I did find this hilarious. That's what he gets, in my opinion.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Haha awesome

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:24 PM
lol.
mommyNstepmommy
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Wow. Cookie?
Bonnie_
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:25 PM

You  had a cool  judge.

Nicoleb9
by Emerald Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Bet he and his wife are scrambling now!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:26 PM
2 moms liked this
Lol karma. He's quite a dumbass isn't he?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured