Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Piercing little girls ears?

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:21 PM
  • 110 Replies
Should it be her choice or yours?
Why?
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this
For us, hers. It's her body. For anyone else, I don't give a shit.
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this
If I had a girl I would do it as an infant. I got mine pierced at 7 and wasn't able to keep it clean and from getting infected. I'd rather getting it done and take care of it. If she doesn't like it later she can take them out.
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:23 PM

Her choice, it's her body.

sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:24 PM

It's her body and her choice what to do with it. I can use stick on earrings if it's so important to me.

happykitty316

I did not pierce my daughter's ears when she was an infant, and I regret it.  She is 7 and has a serious needle phobia.  For the past 2 years she has been asking to have it done, we get there and she can't go through with it.  I should have done it when she was a baby.

sugarcrisp

They can get infected at any point, healed or not.

Quoting lovemymini:

If I had a girl I would do it as an infant. I got mine pierced at 7 and wasn't able to keep it clean and from getting infected. I'd rather getting it done and take care of it. If she doesn't like it later she can take them out.

kristen0812
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:25 PM
I pierced my oldest daughters when she was 6 weeks old. My youngest is one now, she'll get hers done at her next dr's appt.
MommeeTo4
by &1more on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Hers and it should be done by a professional.

And a professional isn't by an employee in the mall or Wal-Mart using a piercing gun.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:26 PM
My friend had a HUGE argument with her ex about this. He wanted their girl to have pierced ears, she wanted their girl to be able choose if she wanted. He argued that the doctor said the best time would be when she was a baby.
As far as I know, little girl still doesn't have her ears pierced. Still waiting for her to come home one day, with her ears pierced.
lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 5:27 PM
I understand, I feel like I can do a better job taking care of them then a child could.

Quoting sugarcrisp:

They can get infected at any point, healed or not.

Quoting lovemymini:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)