Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

please help my GF and i settle this debate!

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:10 PM
  • 78 Replies
Can you be gay if you've never done anything with a girl!?!??

i say yes. if you aren't at all attracted to the opposite sex, and are to the same. Or know that you hate straight sex but have never had the opportunity to try the crooked kind. you could deff be gay.

she says no. if you have never tried it then you are just curious.

by that logic tho, i say virgins can't really be considered either. how do they know they like either???

we've been discussing it for a while now so i thought id ask ya'll what you think?
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this

There are plenty of people who have suppressed their homosexuality for fear of persecution or worse throughout history.

It's not like this is a new thing.....

monkeyprincessa
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:13 PM
Right. but the question is, are they really gay if they've never tried it? or just curious??

Quoting OwlNuggets:

There are plenty of people who have suppressed their homosexuality for fear of persecution or worse throughout history.

The_Doodle
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you. You don't have to experiment to know your sexuality...just like virgins who are attracted to the opposite sex.

monkeyprincessa
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Thanks. i heard that for years before i finally got the nerve to try anything with a girl, that i wasn't gay but simply curious. but honestly, that logic won't compute in my mind. its right up there with "you CHOOSE to be gay" in the things that make zero sense. i TRIED for YEARS. to be straight. it wasn't working :-/

Quoting The_Doodle:

I agree with you. You don't have to experiment to know your sexuality...just like virgins who are attracted to the opposite sex.

Presley77
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:43 PM
She is incorrect. Otherwise there's a ton of straight people out there who aren't really straight until they have had a sexual experience w the opposite sex.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:44 PM

my sexuality has always been very obvious to me and I have always known what I wanted. perhaps that's not the same for everyone else?

Quoting monkeyprincessa:

Right. but the question is, are they really gay if they've never tried it? or just curious??

Quoting OwlNuggets:

AVE SATANAS!
Toxic.Stardust
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 8:45 PM
I was straight before I had done anything with a guy
monkeyprincessa
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:48 PM
I think mine was, but i didn't realize that being gay was even an option for me till after my husband left me. i was raised that gay is a brain malfunction and just assumed there was something wrong with me. but when i look back, it was always what i wanted, i just didn't put it together.

when i finally started considering it tho i was told by a lot of people, both gay and straight, that i was only bicurious if id never done anything gay before.

so when she said it now, we started discussing our opinions. hence this post. LOL

Quoting OwlNuggets:

my sexuality has always been very obvious to me and I have always known what I wanted. perhaps that's not the same for everyone else?

Quoting monkeyprincessa:

Quoting OwlNuggets:

turtlesquish23
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Yep. I knew I was gay at 12. didn't engage in lesbian sex until 16
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:51 PM
I think I agree with you...kinda
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)