Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Parenting fail?!?!!

Posted by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:37 PM
  • 49 Replies
We're in Gatlinburgh for the weekend, and I really want to tour this cute little winery a couple miles from the hotel.

Kids are allowed, just obviously can't drink. Would it be too awful of us to take a your with the kids? We won't be getting drunk or anything. we usually keep 3-4 bottles of wine at the house and occasionally pair a glass with dinner, so they kids have seen it before.

Sooooo....do I go alone and have Dh take the kids to play putt putt, or take them along??
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sugarcrisp
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:39 PM

I went to a wine festival a couple of years ago and brought my son (then 5) and I did some wine tasting. It was nice. They didn't have much for kids, but he enjoyed looking around. They had an area with juices and icees so he got a little something.

I don't see anything wrong with it.

anotherhalf
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:40 PM
I brought my son to a winery before. The tours can be really cool. I think they'd like it.
TrouserMouse
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:42 PM
I've taken my kids on a winery tour before. Lots of people had their kids with them. It was no big deal.
dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks :) we're going to a place called apple barn, and they're supposed to have some kid stuff- plus the resturant is yummy, so they'll have full bellies!!

Quoting sugarcrisp:

I went to a wine festival a couple of years ago and brought my son (then 5) and I did some wine tasting. It was nice. They didn't have much for kids, but he enjoyed looking around. They had an area with juices and icees so he got a little something.

dawnnamarie
Thanks :) we're going to a place called apple barn, and they're supposed to have some kid stuff- plus the resturant is yummy, so they'll have full bellies!!

Quoting sugarcrisp:

proudmommy690
1 mom liked this
I've done it lol...and I was pregnant didn't do the whine tasting though.
dawnnamarie
Ok good- I didn't want to be the person everyone was judging silently ;)

Quoting TrouserMouse:

I've taken my kids on a winery tour before. Lots of people had their kids with them. It was no big deal.
MrsErdos2011
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Not to mention educational. Bonus points for school age kids.

Quoting anotherhalf:

I brought my son to a winery before. The tours can be really cool. I think they'd like it.

dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Wow, that's some big time will power to go to a winery and not be able to drink!! Lol. Maybe I'm just a wino, but I love trying different types!

Quoting proudmommy690:

I've done it lol...and I was pregnant didn't do the whine tasting though.
dawnnamarie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Hahah, that was the angle I was trying to spin ;) they're only 3 and 4 though

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

Not to mention educational. Bonus points for school age kids.

Quoting anotherhalf:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN