Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My DH ended a lifelong friendship over PA.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

He went to highschool with this guy, have always hung out. Then he learned that not only is this guy an unemployed slacker these days but he also claims he is homeless to get cash aid. In reality he lives off his girlfriend and once he's done blowing through his cash aid on weed and beer he starts begging her for extra cash. 

DH's exact words were "So not only is he not a respectable dude, but I'm supporting his fucking ass with my taxes? Fuck him."

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momager2two
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Dont blame him. I would do the same thing!
dmarie2101
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:48 PM
1 mom liked this

theyve always hung out since hs but hes just now finding this out? eh.

im not sure what kind of reply youre looking for. a pat on the back? criticism? idc enough either way.

elevator_chaos
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Hope your DH doesn't miss his lifelong friend. Maybe his friend needs a friend that will help him figure stuff out.

.PinkHart.
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:49 PM
This

Quoting dmarie2101:

im not sure what kind of reply youre looking for. a pat on the back? criticism? idc enough either way.

IandLoveandYou
by Penny Lane on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:50 PM
So it's his "lifelong" friend and he didn't even try to talk to him to see what was going on with him? If he could help get him out of this rut in anyway?

Sounds like an asshole.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Can't blame him. I am in a similar situation with friends only they don't use drugs. But they do keep having children when they live in total poverty. It has been years and they don't seem to be trying to better themselves at all.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this
doesn't say much about your dh either. if he was a real friend, he would help his buddy sort through his issues and get on his feet.
cleigh717
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this

he didn't really break a friendship over pa. he broke it bc the guy is a loser. big difference. you just wanted an attention-grabbing title to get some replies. 

briellesmomma
by Velvet on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:52 PM
Definitely this.

Whatever floats.

Quoting dmarie2101:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:55 PM

That's interesting.  In all of the arguments about welfare, and who should get it, nobody has ever said (on here that I've seen) what kind of man would be ok taking money from the government for food?  What kind of man is ok not feeding his family?  Not a man, that's for sure. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)