Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gallstones if you have/had, please come here!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
I'm going on 35 weeks. I found out I had gallstones at 20 or 21 weeks. My surgeon changed his mind about taking it out. So now I have to wait 4-6 weeks after I delivery to have my gallbladder removed. I've been having attacks every two weeks and there's nothing my ob or surgeon can do. Only if it ruptures then it will come out. I've changed my eating habit. Eating what they told me to. Staying away from greasy and fried foods.

But I don't know how much more I can take. They won't give me anything for pain. These attacks happen mainly at night. And last up to 4 hours. I can't function. I'm always in the bathroom throwing up. Which does bring some relief, but it comes back stronger then before. I don't want to go to the ER every time I have one. But at the same time I want to just in case it does rupture. (what does that even feel like?)

So basically I'm asking, is there anything I can do for relief? I'm constantly throwing up so taking tylenol (ob and surgeon said to do) is out the question. I'm tired of all these attacks. :(
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
The.Last.Rebel
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Did they give you Prilosec? I'm not sure if you can take it while pregnant but that's what I was given until I could have my surgery. It helped some.

jdy9440
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:57 PM

No idea, sounds awful, I'm sorry...here's a bump for help. 

mom2priceboys
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:57 PM

my husband suffers but hes not pregnant hehehe

funlovinlady
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:58 PM

When I was having the attacked I would get in a hot shower and just puke. The hot water felt good. It sucks & I feel so bad for you. I ended up being taken out by ambulance and had emergency surgery. Mine didn't bust but it was leaking infection. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Obviously you're already avoiding the greasy foods. Start keeping a food journal, to see if you can narrow down what's causing your attacks. You're going to want to avoid those foods for the first few weeks after you get it out too. I can't believe they won't give you anything for pain... Those attacks feel like you're dying.
mrsfitz05
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:00 PM
I had mine post partum after a c section. It was miserable. I was able to take pain meds though so that's how I made it. Bless your heart. I know you are in pain though!
Alchemist_Momma
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:00 PM

I'm not sure, but if your having attacks that last that long, and are that strong enough to make you get sick every night when they happen, I would go into the ER. I had to have mine out several years ago via emergency surgery. I had gall stones the size of pin points to the size of golf balls. If mine would have ruptured, I would have died because all the stones would have punctured my organs.

PM me if you want too OP. I'll help you  out with any questions you have.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:01 PM
The surgeon wanted to give me tylenol 3 but my ob was against it. So they told me regular tylenol or extra strength.

Quoting The.Last.Rebel:

Did they give you Prilosec? I'm not sure if you can take it while pregnant but that's what I was given until I could have my surgery. It helped some.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:01 PM
I'm 38 weeks and I'm in the same boat. Ranidine and a heating pad work for me, did they not perscribe you something for the vomiting?
XnikoX
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:01 PM
I had gallbladder attacks for quite a while. Having been told that my gallbladder was packed with stones and they still wouldnt take it out and sent me home from the ER. The ER trip after that..which included a lovely ride in an ambulance... was when a Dr finally realized it was a good idea to remove the effing thing. All this and I wasnt even pregnant.
So in a sense I feel for you. Since all the pain meds (that were prescribed to me) in the world didnt help THAT pain.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)