Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Told the guy I am dating I love him and got 'i like you' back.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies

Oh my gosh ladies I need help with this one.  

I've been dating this amazing, sexy, funny, hot, successful man for about 2 months.  

Last night we got a little (a lot) tipsy.  We went back to my place and hooked up, right after I came I said "I seriously love you.  I'm not joking I LOVE YOU". 

It was absolutely the alcohol and the orgasm talking.  So awkward, he replied, "I really like you and I might be falling for you too"....  I mean, I really like him, but do I love him?  No, I don't think I do, not yet.

Then this morning was so awkward!  How can I fix this??  I want our normal relationship back with us dating each other and being excited to see each other with no pressure on the relationship.  Did I just ruin everything?

Fucking whisky and orgasims and sexy men in combination they make you say/do stupid shit.  

ETA:  I use the term "dating" as we go out on dates twice a week.  He takes me to dinner and spoils me :)  We are boyfriend/girlfriend and exclusive.  I think he really likes me too, in fact he is taking me on a trip in two weeks.  I'm just afraid I ruined everything by saying that too soon.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Just tell him you werw cought up in the moment and we say crazy shhhhh when were in the moment
svolkov
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:46 PM
5 moms liked this
Lol just apologize for being drunk and say he was so amazing in bed that it would be impossible for anyone not to confess their undying love ;)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:47 PM

During sex I say weird things too. Just say you were drunk.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:48 PM
Just back off a little. This week be "busier" than usual. That way he doesn't start overthinking. When you give him space, he'll want you more and he won't start thinking you're all obsessive over him and then it'll bring back the fun and excitement of him wanting you.
Skye24
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:48 PM

That is why we don't sleep with people we barely know.. Don't say anything else about it unless he starts acting weird than just be honest. Men are human also and they do appreciate honesty.  Treat him as you always have --keep having fun and see where this goes .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:49 PM

I told him this morning when he tried to bring it up joking (I was hoping he would politely ignore it) "Look babe, you made me go twice, I can't help professing love for that!" and he sort of laughed I'm just nervous I fucked everything up lol.  

I don't generally play "games" but I really like this one.  Should I get a little distant for the next week?  I don't want him to think I'm trying to drag him down the isle or anything.  I actually am not interested in marriage, just a long term relationship with him lol.  Like super long term.  Ok fuck it, this guy is marriage material but NOT RIGHT NOW.  I want to date him for a long time before I get serious, kwim? 

Quoting Anonymous:

Just tell him you werw cought up in the moment and we say crazy shhhhh when were in the moment

mama24sweeties
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Just tell him that it was just the moment and although you do have feelings for him, not in any rush. That'll ease things up and possibly put them back where they were.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:51 PM
As women we usually over think things just let it go and keep on as normal and if he brings it up again talk to him about it communication is the key to a working relationship good luck mam

Quoting Anonymous:

I told him this morning when he tried to bring it up joking (I was hoping he would politely ignore it) "Look babe, you made me go twice, I can't help professing love for that!" and he sort of laughed I'm just nervous I fucked everything up lol.  

I don't generally play "games" but I really like this one.  Should I get a little distant for the next week?  I don't want him to think I'm trying to drag him down the isle or anything.  I actually am not interested in marriage, just a long term relationship with him lol.  Like super long term.  Ok fuck it, this guy is marriage material but NOT RIGHT NOW.  I want to date him for a long time before I get serious, kwim? 

Quoting Anonymous:

TrouserMouse
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:51 PM
2 moms liked this
Who is "we"? Speak for yourself. Thanks. :)

Quoting Skye24:

That is why we don't sleep with people we barely know.. Don't say anything else about it unless he starts acting weird than just be honest. Men are human also and they do appreciate honesty.  Treat him as you always have --keep having fun and see where this goes .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:51 PM

I didn't give any history, I don't barely know him, I've been friends with him for a while, then we just started to date about two months ago :)  I know him.  He is freaking amazing.  I want him around for a long time.  I just don't want us to have the pressures of being serious, kwim--  I don't want to marry him (right now) I don't want anything crazy (right now) I just want to continue having fun with him..  Like he isn't going to meet my kids for about 6 more months.  

Quoting Skye24:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)