Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is it possible?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
To be a single mom and survive odd $1200 a month? Paying rent/utilities? And you leave your husband can you file for fs before the divorce is final. No bashing please...I've never needed assistance and don't even want to do it but I'm afraid I won't be able to afford everything but I refuse to live with him any longer
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:55 PM
Bump
rugratwrangler
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:57 PM
I think it's possible. Do what you have to do hun.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Thank you I'm just having a tough time trying to.make a budget plan thats going to.work for us and be safe. I'm afraid hes going to get visitation even though hes physically abusive. I want to.do.whats right for my dd but I.want to.protect them.too. sorry for typos I'm mobile.
joshsgirl12
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Huggs sorry you are going through all this but it is possible and you can do it.
sissyboogs
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:03 PM

It depends on how much your rent and bills are. 

If I absolutely had to, I could survive as a single mom on $1200/month. I wouldn't like it (I'd have to cut out ALL extras), but I could do it. Of course, cost of living is fairly cheap where I live (the 3 bedroom house I rent is only $500/month, so that gives you an idea of cost of living here). 

I'm sure you can file for fs and other assistance before the divorce is finalized. I don't know a lot about it, but I don't see why not. 

RonaH
by Platinum Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Depends where you live, But I do it... Well i did just get a raise last week and paid off the student loans so I will have a little more to play with starting next week. But still I have done it for 13 years. 

*edited to say you must keep a strict budget or it wont work trust me I learned that the hard way*

leanntx
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:06 PM
You can file for assistance before the divorce is final. It's based off of the members physically in your household, so you have to be out of the house, but you can do it. I did. Hugs momma, I know it's hard.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)