Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can they do this

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
Charge a minor with cs?

The teen sex post made me think of this... Anybody under 18 you know that has to pay?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Yes they can ,my brother was 16 when he got his 15 year old girlfriend pregnant ,her parents took him to court ,they ordered child support for the baby ,when he said he had no money ,they made my mom pay it .

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:52 PM
That's crazy, did they order her to pay it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes they can ,my brother was 16 when he got his 15 year old girlfriend pregnant ,her parents took him to court ,they ordered child support for the baby ,when he said he had no money ,they made my mom pay it .

okpondlady
by Ruby Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:53 PM

If you have a child then someone has to support it.  Either you or your parents will be paying child support.  When my cousin got a girl pg, his parents were required by the State of Alaska to pay CS.   But that was a long time ago too. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:54 PM
It depends. My son was born when we were 16. We are now 24 and CS has never been issued because he won't work.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:55 PM

They told my mom she had to pay it then till my brother could find a job ,so she paid it for 6 months before she moved in with us ,and my parents took care of her and the baby .

Quoting Anonymous:

That's crazy, did they order her to pay it?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Yep. 

My brother was 15 when he got his 23 year old girlfriend pregnant. She was charged and convicted of statutory rape. He was still ordered to pay child support. He didn't have to start paying till he was 18, but he had to pay back from the time his daughter was born. 

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I don't know, I would imagine those laws vary by state. 

Skye24
by Bronze Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Children have to be supported . Why is the girl any more responsibile than the boy for supporting a child ? I have a son and daughter , if this happened to either --we would allow the child to be placed in a home for open adoption . What is the point of ruining 3 lives ? to prove a point  ?  You see a few success stories , but they are few and far between . Just this  year we have already had 4 young girls drop out of school because of pregnancy ..foolish

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)