Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is abortion always the first answer?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies
Why is it in cases of poor circumstances that people always are quick to tell you to abort? I thought adoption was an option too!!!

I'm pregnant with my 2nd child. I'm poor and no i can't afford it but i don't understand why everyone around me assumes that abortion would be any easier than adoption would be. Either way, I'm giving up apart of me. I was irresponsible but this baby had nothing to do with it. So why not let it have a life, even if it's not with me?

Why is abortion always the first option people give? I mean i know there is no straight answer but jeez. I'm already depressed over this so why tell me to commit an act I'm not comfortable with?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Apgsteenmommy
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:55 PM

people suck

strongforthem
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:56 PM
I have NEVER advised anyone to abort, ever.
Schauseil
by Gold Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 10:58 PM
Honestly, if I found out I was pregnant and couldn't keep the baby, I would first ask close friends and family if they wanted it, and I would ask one woman that is an amazing foster parent if she wanted to adopy. If all the answers where no, I would abort.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:00 PM

For me it would be easier to abort, for I could not go through a pregnancy and not keep the child. EVERYONE is different though, and each individual needs to do what is best for them.

svolkov
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:02 PM
People want the easiest way put
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:03 PM
It's the easier choice and many women don't view it as a baby yet, just a shocking and terrible problem that needs 'taken care of'.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Abortion is a quick fix in our society. Never mind you would be killing your child.
Kudos for you for thinking of another option!
zianneaaliyah
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:04 PM
1 mom liked this
For some, pregnancy is a bigger health risk.
rfhsure
by beast mode on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:04 PM
Same here. 9 months of bonding with the child im carrying, there's no way I'd be able to give it up. There's plenty of babies out there for people to adopt.

Quoting Anonymous:

For me it would be easier to abort, for I could not go through a pregnancy and not keep the child. EVERYONE is different though, and each individual needs to do what is best for them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:06 PM

If it bothers you, stop telling people you are pregnant till it's obvious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)