Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sick of being overweight **edited **

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 71 Replies

I knew for a while I was gaining too much weight but didn't do anything about it and now I am stuck. I'm 5'2 and am at 153 right now so I need to lose about 35lbs. That's where the problem comes in because I have  gained much I'm having a lot of health problems so it makes it hard to exercise. When I try to be active my feet and legs swell up so bad I cant even walk for a few days. I also get really sensitive to touch even the gentlest touch on my body just hurts. I did change my diet and eat a very clean diet but that's not seeming to help at all.

This isn't something that happened over a long period of time, about 9 months ago I was around 135 not in great shape but felt good. I had to have my appendix taken out a have not been the same since. I was wearing a size 7 and now in a 13 i would guess since i wear only sweats now. I just cant stand it anymore, I feel like crap all the time and shouldn't feel like this at my age (28). Its embarrassing and I have shut everyone out because I don't want them seeingme like this and have lost many friends. I also had a photography business and was making decent money but just quit because I dont like people seeing me like this. I guess I feel like I dont know what to do now. Has anybody else been in my shoes and if so how did you change it if you did? 

Thanks ladies, I have a lot to look at now. Its just hard to know what direction to go in when researching things on the internet. I have tried the atkins diet but love veggies so that was a big fail. I also tried 100% raw diet but dont get enough calories and eat high ammounts of carbs. Im defanitley going to try and the yoga at home. That might take some time since I have a hard time changing positions due to swelling. I do like to be active its just hard when the next two days I cant even get out of bed. Just kinda in a slump I guess that I really need to get out of before it gets worse.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hannahluvsdogs
by Keyser Söze on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Have you talked to your doctor about this? It sounds like there might be something else going on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:30 PM
5 moms liked this

You have no clue what over weight is ,when you are 100 pounds over weight then you call yourself that .This is an insult on overweight people like myself .

svolkov
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:32 PM
3 moms liked this
You don't have to be morbidly obese to be overweight. Sorry but 35lbs is quite a bit and shes right to br concerned. Obviously its less than 100lbs

Quoting Anonymous:

You have no clue what over weight is ,when you are 100 pounds over weight then you call yourself that .This is an insult on overweight people like myself .

svolkov
by on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:32 PM
I agree u should talk to your dr.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:33 PM
You are not to big, so that's a good thing. :). Try eating healthy and working out.
seximami111
by Silver Member on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:34 PM

I'm in the same boat. I'm at the biggest I've ever been right now and I am pissed at myself!

So here's a bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Your probably right about that but right now I dont have insurance.

Quoting Hannahluvsdogs:

Have you talked to your doctor about this? It sounds like there might be something else going on.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:34 PM
I am 5'0 and the same weight as you and I feel like shit too.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:35 PM

I myself am overweight, and did not find this insulting.  You have no idea what overweight is!

I agree that you should see your doctor, it sounds like something is wrong.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 26, 2013 at 11:39 PM

I want to be active but than im out for a few days, I have 2 kids in half day school at opposite times I cant be out ykwim

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)