Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

ok ladies let's talk hygiene! (graphic)

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:24 AM
  • 171 Replies

ok ladies..bring your vaginas and your questions, concerns, and tips.. maybe we can learn something from eachother..it doesnt have to be all about the vagina but this group will be very graphic so for those of you who cant handle it,,,bye, go somewhere else and gripe..this is our version of dr. oz but this is dr. mom ok..so let's get started ladies! 

so my tip of the day is:

BV (Bacterial Vaginosis)

Caused by offset of pH balance of the vagina. (from sex, perfumes, soaps and other stuff i cant think of right now cuz its 6am n i cant go bk to sleep lol) And can have a very unpleasant and embarassing fishy odor and change in discharge texture. This is a very common thing ladies so dont be ashamed or embarrassed.

Home remedy (and i've done it so i know it works)..plain yogurt with live active cultures. This will create the proper environment (pH balance) for good bacteria to grow and the bad bacteria will rid itslef

Shoot ladies! What questions do you have? Feel free to share whatever you like!

kiss Be u n do u boo! 

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imandia4
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:26 AM
2 moms liked this

I think you can do that for yeast infections too.

MagicMonkey
by Cilla on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:34 AM
Bump for later
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:36 AM
How do you use the yogurt?
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2013 at 6:54 AM
Ugh i just made a gyno appt because I have a disgusting fishy smell, SO embarrassing. I cant wait to get rid of this shit.
imandia4
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like BV. You will just get on some antibiotics for about 2 weeks. No biggie. I would suggest for now use ant bacterial wash and wash after every time you use the bathroom. Even when you just pee. Only use white cotton crotch undies and make sure they aren't tight. I been there and done that. It is common.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugh i just made a gyno appt because I have a disgusting fishy smell, SO embarrassing. I cant wait to get rid of this shit.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Thanks for the advice. I wash myself a lot and notice it makes the smell worse. I dont use antibacterial soap though.

Quoting imandia4:

Sounds like BV. You will just get on some antibiotics for about 2 weeks. No biggie. I would suggest for now use ant bacterial wash and wash after every time you use the bathroom. Even when you just pee. Only use white cotton crotch undies and make sure they aren't tight. I been there and done that. It is common.

Quoting Anonymous:

imandia4
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:17 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah that helped a lot while I was healing.

Quoting Anonymous:

Thanks for the advice. I wash myself a lot and notice it makes the smell worse. I dont use antibacterial soap though.

Quoting imandia4:

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:20 AM
I think ni might have a UTI but it doesn't hurt like before or sting, well just a little after I pee and then I see white stuff lingering with my pee. I think it might be an infection
CinnamonBunns84
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:27 AM
1 mom liked this
I created a post in another group bout a recent issue. When my period is ending, the smell is horrifying. Like WTH! It happended this month and last month. The responses were ph balace, bacterial and shift in my diet. After it fully ended, I was smell free. I mean I was so fresh and so clean. Now Im having a great amount off discharge. And this is after I added yogurt back into my diet
smorgan865
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this
I developed BV at the end if my pregnancy, didn't notice a smell though. They tested a gush of discharge I had (thought my water broke it was so much!). One week of antibiotics and it was cleared.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)