Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

DO PARENTS STILL CHECK THEIR CHIDRENS HALLOWEEN CANDY BEORE THEY EAT IT???

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
When my siblings and I trick-or-treated my parents made sure to check the candy before we were even allowed to THINK about eating it. Anything from unwrapped candy, candy that was deformed in some way, out of date candy would be thrown out. And they always felt the candy for any razors or needles that some sick bastard may have tried hiding. So, do parents still do this? Do they still take the time to make sure that their candy a STRANGER has bought them is safe to eat? Do YOU inspect? We're trick-or-treating next week and YES I WILL BE CHECKING!!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:10 AM
Replies (21-30):
Rosebud27aj
Come on 2nd Trimester!
Today at 2:44 PM
by Amanda on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Yes, I check. 

lisabiron3
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Of course

Quoting Anonymous:

When my siblings and I trick-or-treated my parents made sure to check the candy before we were even allowed to THINK about eating it. Anything from unwrapped candy, candy that was deformed in some way, out of date candy would be thrown out. And they always felt the candy for any razors or needles that some sick bastard may have tried hiding. So, do parents still do this? Do they still take the time to make sure that their candy a STRANGER has bought them is safe to eat? Do YOU inspect? We're trick-or-treating next week and YES I WILL BE CHECKING!!
mom_of_twingirl
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:38 AM
Yes I will. I have always checked and always will.
laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:38 AM
7 moms liked this

Yes and as mothers we all know the only thing not poisoned is the candy corn, those orange and black peanut butter things, the redhots and the sweettarts.

The snickers and butterfingers and reese's,etc. are all poisonous and must be taken away...and eaten by the parents to keep the kids from finding them and eating them.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:41 AM
??

Quoting laranadtony:

Yes and as mothers we all know the only thing not poisoned is the candy corn, those orange and black peanut butter things, the redhots and the sweettarts.

The snickers and butterfingers and reese's,etc. are all poisonous and must be taken away...and eaten by the parents to keep the kids from finding them and eating them.

Keara20
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:43 AM
This lmao

This I dd first year trick or treating door to door so I will check. We did a downtown trick or treat last year an I didn't even think about it, and just checked.

Quoting laranadtony:

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:43 AM
Yes
my4kids274
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Yes we check the candy also. 

laranadtony
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Well, you did not get it but no, I do not check their candy, They can check their own candy.

smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:45 AM
WOW. That is so horrible :(

Quoting Anonymous:

My parents found needles in a bag of popcorn someone made. I don't understand it!!

Quoting smorgan865:

We check it too.

Does anyone know of anyone who has ever actually found anything?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)