Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I was a bad, bad, bad mommy last night.*update in red*

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:33 AM
  • 176 Replies
3 moms liked this

Last night we had My son's 6 birthday party. I had the house absolutely immaculate at 3pm... by 6pm...OMFG. It looked like a tornado came through.

I must have had a little too much wine because everyone left, I remember sitting down with a few stragglers and listening to guitar and drums, and then heading to bed. My husband came in and we had sex (which I only kind of remember), and I must have passed out. I only had 3 1/2 glasses, but I must have been really tired too because I just laid down and fell asleep immediately.

I woke up this morning, and I don't think my husband put the kids to bed either! My phone is dead, and my 7 year old is on the computer... I really think he was on the computer all night long lol! There's a big finger swipe out of the cake I left out, and I know there was a bag of candy left out. Something tells me the kids had a good time last night. Good thing we only do this once a year!

Here's the cake... NAILED IT, right? LOL!

I made a nice big breakfast for my family this morning, and caught up with my husband about what happened last night (after I apparently DRUNKENLY PASSED OUT LIKE A WHORISH GREMLIN GARBAGE HUMAN) lol :)

He put my 7 year old to bed with the laptop... something we normally do not allow, but he was VERY well behaved last night and was soooo good with his little baby cousin. I caught him giving the baby a toy he was playing with without batting an eye. It was very sweet, and I told himI noticed that last night and how nice it was. It's always hard I think for siblings when the other child has presents and all the attention. I think he deserved some extra computer time. He woke up fine this morning and was not cranky, so I'm thinking he zonked out early.

As for the birthday boy: my husband took him with him and turned on a movie and he said he zonked out a minute into the movie.

The swipe out of the birthday cake is a mystery!

Thanks for all the kind words!

Oh, and also I'm surprised how many ladies here think its such an awful thing to leave their children in the care of their father! Something must be really wrong there if you can't trust your husband, huh?

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Got a headache? Lol not a great way to wake up!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:35 AM
Yay. You're kids survived a child's party turned adult . Glad no one ran away?
Ilaynasmommy
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:36 AM
O.O
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:37 AM

At 6 and 7 my kids could put themselves to bed...but might be inclined to stay up all night.

Don't let them sleep all day-but do offer them a nap!

Osstie
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:37 AM

No I feel fine actually! haha :) Thank GOD! I hate hangovers.

Quoting Anonymous:

Got a headache? Lol not a great way to wake up!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:38 AM
5 moms liked this

You had fun I am sure.  We are all human and some people here on Cafemom forget that sometimes.

ShannaW
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Glad you had a good time :) hope the kids aren't too grumpy from lack of sleep and sugar coma lol
Osstie
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Noooo!!
Osstie
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:08 AM

Nooooooo!!!
iamcafemom83
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:09 AM
2 moms liked this
The cake is wayyyy cool!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)