Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Would you let your sons play this game?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 41 Replies

The new Grand Theft Auto?  My DF wants it for christmas and he was telling me about it and it just sounds disturbing.  Not only do you kill people and take their vehicles, you can  get a hooker then kill her after she does her thing and take the money back from her after she's done.  That's just the tip of the iceburg.  I'm just wondering if it's mostly adult males that play this game or are some parents letting their tween/teen sons (or daughters) play.  I'm hesitant about getting it for my DF, and he's a grown man.  LOL. 

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
j3st3r
by Jedi on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:57 AM
My DH has it. I would NOT let DS play it.
CGM2012
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:57 AM

DH has had almost all of the other ones, I haven't seen the new one. DS hasn't played them, but I would let him play a little. He would just steal cars and drive around in them. I dont have a problem with that. He'd probably end up fighting people too. He loves fighting games.

Snapdragon88
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:58 AM
Nope!

Dh plays the game sometimes on the computer. I've never seen any hookers though. Maybe it's a different version.
katemckenzie
by Kate on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:58 AM
DF has it, and I don't let DS be in the room when he's playing it.
kristen0812
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:00 AM
My brother plays it when he comes over. I don't think I've ever asked my mom if he was allowed. Whoops.
notjstasocermom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:05 AM

depends how old my ds is.

Jaxsonsmama2009
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Im bothered more by the constant cussing and use of the n-word. I wouldn't let anyone under the age of 14-15 play it. If me or my husband are playing when my 4 year old comes in we just drive around. He loves watching the cars.
almburr
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Nope
MommyChance
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:12 AM
Nope. I would not. I let him play Mario games and he plays Lego Batman (which I have some reservations about). He's 6. At least one of his classmates plays Grand Theft Auto and Call of Duty.
fullxbusymom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Well since two out of four of my kids own it and I bought them for them since they are under 18 ya pretty sure I would allow them to play it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)