Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

so.. should I tell her?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 26 Replies
Last Saturday we had some friends over. They brought their 12 year old daughter. Their daughter and my daughter, 4, were inside watching a movie. The adults were mostly outside, but sometimes inside.

Well, my daughter got hurt. The 12 year old said that she slipped and hit her head on the corner of the couch. My dd had a pretty nasty bruise over her eye. I didn't really think to ask my dd what happened at the time.

This morning my dd was talking about random stuff that happened last week. She then said to me, "I got hurt, the girl pulled my arm because I was trying to turn the light off and my head hit the couch." I know my dd wasn't lying. As I hadn't talked to her about it since the day it happened.

I don't know if I should tell the mom that her dd lied to us... I'm pretty sure that she'd want to know, but it happened a week ago. What would you do?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CGM2012
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:09 AM

I say leave it alone. Sounds like they were probably arguing about the light, It was probably a accident and the girl didn't want to get in trouble. Just make sure to supervise them better next time.

vicki77433
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I would let it go.  The girl didn't want to get in trouble.  While I don't agree with what she did, it's already been a week.  Nothing would be gained from you saying anything to her parents about it.

Next time make a point of not-so-subtly hinting to the girl that you don't want a repeat of what happened last time.

acook0331
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:12 AM

My 12 year old does this all the time. One of them is lying.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:14 AM
I know the incident was an accident. But the lying about it is the part that I think her mom would want to know about. She's 12, of course she didn't want to get in trouble, no kid wants to get in trouble.... But she should know better than to lie.
dannix7x
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:15 AM
This is a tough one. If you do decide to tell her word it just how you told us so you don't come off as accusing her daughter.

Maybe say it

"Hey girl just wanted you to know that the girls weren't honest (add your daughter in this if your not angry just so the mother doesn't go off) with what happened >insert truth and how you found out< I just wanted you to know"
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:16 AM
I would let it go, because it's been a week, but my daughter would not be left alone with the 12 year old ever again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:17 AM
Pretty sure it's the older child, as I had not prompted my child on the incident at all. I didn't mention a thing to her about it today, she just told me. She's doesn't lie like that.

Though I'm not saying my child has never lied, she has, but not in a situation like this.

Quoting acook0331:

My 12 year old does this all the time. One of them is lying.

eviesmom453
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Leave it alone.

BambiF
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:19 AM
I would forget it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:21 AM
Invite 12 year old over. Interrogate the hell out of her. Tell her you have a video of what really happened and MAKE her admit it and apologize. Then tell her Mother.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)