Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does your baby get a candy bag, too?

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:30 AM
  • 9 Replies
I have a 7 year old and a 3.5 month old. When we go trick or treating this year, only dd will be collecting candy. The baby cannot eat it, so why should I let the baby's cutest get candy....for dh?! Lol

Do you get candy "for the baby," and then eat it all when your kiddies are sleeping?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
scarletmeshell
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:48 AM
My Mom gets 100's of trick or treaters. Last year we had a mom and dad pushing a sleeping infant in a stroller collecting candy "for the baby". I thought that was a bit silly.
tanyainmizzou
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I give teething biscuits to parents trick or treating for their baby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:50 AM

I think it's ridiculous to collect candy for a baby.

bcoll
by Brandi on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:50 AM

The youngest ones don't generally take a bag but we do keep a bowl of mini stuffed animals ad bubbles for the babies that come by our house. The older siblings always love having something to bring to baby :)

Cmgmqmmom
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:51 AM
We won't be collecting candy for the 5 month old.
CrimsonRose01
by ~Cassandra~ on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Last year, my son was two, and my daughter was 5 months. Only my son took a candy bag. We dressed my daughter up, but we pushed her in the stroller. Some people put "extra" candy in my sons bag "for baby sister" but we did not bring a candy bag for her. I felt the same way, she couldn't eat it, so I would have felt tacky bringing a bag for her. This year we're going to give her a candy bag, although I doubt she will manage more than a few houses. 

bakerytreatz16
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:01 AM
I took dd out last year, she was 9 months at the time. I wore her in her baby carrier while I took my brother out. She had a little trick or treating bag (one of those little gift bags that I decorated.). She clutched her bag and smiled at everyone as they out stuff in it. She passed out after 45 minutes lol so I just sat her bag in Noah's bag.

When we got home I left certain things in her bag, like the Halloween cookies, and plain chocolate. The rest I tossed in my brothers bag.

I'm a type one diabetic. I can't stuff candy into my face.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
prettymomma1204
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 11:05 AM
When DS was 6 months we took him out while DSD trick-or-treated. He stayed on the sidewalk with us while she went to the door. He was dressed as a dinosaur and peopl- gave him candy because he was in costume =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudGBmama
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:35 PM
When my son was a baby I took him out but we turned the candy into the dentist and he got 5.00 per lb and we dropped it in his college fund :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)