Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My relationship

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 17 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you think every couple should get married or is it just fine if they are happy being in their relationship?

Options:

should be married

just fine they way they are

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 23

View Results

So my fiance and i have been together for just over 7 years. We do have our disagreements and we work them out. We have this neighbor and some people from a LDS church that just keep pushing the issue of marriage. Honestly we have been together for so long and i dont feel the need to get a piece of paper to prove we are together. To me im afraid it just might make our relationship go downhill if we get that paper. We are happy the way things are and he has already been married and i have never been, but we could just a family and friends party to just celebrate our relationship. As far as im concerned in gods eyes we have kids together and we live together...were married just without that stupid paper.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
the_dude
by abides on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:19 PM
2 moms liked this

please don't listen to your neighbor. 

LveMy2K1dS
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:19 PM

Well we have been together 6 years and I'm divorced, and he feels this way and not me. I need insurance so I want to get married! I am slowly talking him into it lol

thejodigirl
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:22 PM

It sounds like that piece of paper might matter to you imo. Marriage matters to you so maybe you're just downplaying what it would mean to you. 

Seagodess
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this
Do what makes you happy and don't worry about what anyone else thinks. You can be a happy family without a piece of paper.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:28 PM
1 mom liked this

You may be happy but you are absolutely not married.  No matter what you say or feel.  You must go through the comitment ceremony and say VOWS to each other to be married. Marriage is NOT just a piece of paper. Just the way it is.

But if you are happy and don't need that to be happy then great for you:)

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:30 PM

no actually im not down playing it. we have gone this long without  that paper, i dont see a real reason to get it now. Im just trying to find a way to tell my neighbor that we dont need to do that but i dont want to sound like a complete b**** when i say it

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:33 PM
A "piece of paper" isn't going to make your relationship go down hill LOL.

If it does your relationship wasn't strong enough to begin with.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM

then thats kind of like we are married cause we have our promises(vows)to each other. I didnt say the paper was the marriage, but we are happy, we just dont need the licencse or certificate to prove anything. Just wish my neighbor was this understanding..

SyllabaryBisque
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I think people should go with what makes them happy, whatever that may be.
LucyMom08
by BS Intolerant on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this
We're heading towards 7 years and not married...

We're happy :) I believe in doing what you want, not what people think you *should* do...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)