Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

WWYD?! (scenario)

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 16 Replies
This is really more of a "how yould you react as apposed to wwyd". Anyway.

Suppose a young, vibrant you moves to a new town with no family/friends around. You meet a nice man with a very small family and few wonderful married man friends. You and this guy eventually fall in love and get married within 2 years of knowing each other. You have a great marriage and life together. Suppose one day you find out that when you met, your DH was engaged to another woman with a wedding just a few months away and DH didn't tell you, nor his family and friends. (You can make up how you found out)

How would you react?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armywife009
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I would be upset.

ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I'd wonder what else he "forgot" to mention.

jamiegraham
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:45 PM

It's in the past and you have been married for 2 yrs. I would ask him about it but i wouldn't make it a big deal.

Erica705
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:46 PM
I would be confused. Why didn't he tell anyone? Why wasn't he close enough to anyone to share his news? Why wasn't he up front with me? It would probably lead to me to a lot of other questions.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:46 PM
There's no way I wouldn't know that.
Bonnie_
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:49 PM

I would think she was a troll.....    or  maybe   he was  on the verge  of  settling  because   he thought  he would never meet the woman  of his dreams... or she was so awful   he knew  his family  wouldn't  get along with  her.   I wouldn't  worry about it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:50 PM
His family and friends knew about the engagement, it's just that no one told YOU

Quoting Erica705:

I would be confused. Why didn't he tell anyone? Why wasn't he close enough to anyone to share his news? Why wasn't he up front with me? It would probably lead to me to a lot of other questions.

Mrs.Missi
by punk rock princess on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:50 PM
I'd wonder what else he hasn't told me. It would also make me question what kind of man he is.
big.city.mama
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:50 PM
I would want to know why did he start dating me if he was engaged and felt this was a small detail he could forget about?
JTE11
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I think I'd be very upset and we'd have a long conversation about why he thought keeping that from me was important, and another conversation about how keeping things from me is not good for our relationship. And then we'd be going into therapy together because I would be questioning my DH's trustworthiness for being truthful and transparent to me from then on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN