Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Marching band is going to be amazing for my arse!!

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:31 PM
  • 15 Replies
After spending 2 hours squatting to clean hats and shoes and standing on my toes to fix hair plus following the band for the entire parade route my thighs and ass are so sore this morning! Lol. Who needs to work out just follow a marching band around all day trying to fix uniforms and hair while they are constantly moving.
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katzmeow726
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:33 PM

LOL back when I WAS marching, I would always drop like 15 pounds by the end of band camp.  Wonder if being a band parent will do the same one day :-D

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:36 PM
I don't know I don't work that hard at band camp lol! But with all the work doing grooming and pulling the water wagon I'm sure to at least have buns of steel!

Quoting katzmeow726:

LOL back when I WAS marching, I would always drop like 15 pounds by the end of band camp.  Wonder if being a band parent will do the same one day :-D

Alchemist_Momma
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:38 PM
My years in band were the thinnest ever!!! Lol
Alchemist_Momma
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:38 PM
Between competitions, games, parades, and practice, I swear I sweated off at least 10 pounds each time!!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Most of our band moms weren't that active. Good for you :)

Alchemist_Momma
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Neither were ours. Most of ours just sat around and gossiped, or complained about the heat. How the hell did they think we felt?! We were marching in pure wool uniforms!!!!!

Quoting Anonymous:

LCWAmommy
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Really? Man we do a lot of work all the shakos need to be cleaned every time, the shoes need cleaning, some how the color guard always manage to get lipstick in the oddest places on their uniforms, our drum major wears white so she's always finding spots somewhere that I have to clean (next week I'm wrapping her in Saran Wrap lol) hair needs to be fixed after they get shakos on plus running water to them it's pretty much non stop until they finish

Quoting Anonymous:

barrelracer1699
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:47 PM

Funny we never had "Band Moms" or anything like that. 

sweetnsassymami
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:47 PM
marching band and then I quit and did dance team...I was in great shape. Helped for boot camp LOL
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:52 PM

What are shakos?

We were responsible for our own shoes and hair, and our uniforms were dry-cleaned. Most things that needed cleaning were cleaned by students. Our band moms usually did get food and drinks, but otherwise stood around and talked. Oh, and I guess they did the trip planning and fund raising.

Quoting LCWAmommy:

Really? Man we do a lot of work all the shakos need to be cleaned every time, the shoes need cleaning, some how the color guard always manage to get lipstick in the oddest places on their uniforms, our drum major wears white so she's always finding spots somewhere that I have to clean (next week I'm wrapping her in Saran Wrap lol) hair needs to be fixed after they get shakos on plus running water to them it's pretty much non stop until they finish

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)