Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

STUPID reason to be in trouble

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM
  • 6 Replies
So. I had plans yesterday to go to a concert with a friend of mine, I hadn't been feeling great since lunch but just write it off as having eaten eaten something that didn't agree with me. No biggie.

Well we get downtown and I don't even make it out of the parkade before I'm vomiting in a garbage can. Well, we really wanted to see this concert so I shook it off hoping hoping I'd gotten whatever was making me sick out of my system... well apparently not. After we found a pharmacy and got some pepto I puked like 4 more times at the venue, so we called DF to come get us.

He had to pull the car over twice on our drive home so I'm figuring at this point that I probably won't be able to work in the morning.

I'm a dog groomer so obviously we work off an appt system, so I call in to work and speak to a newer manager telling her I've got food poisoning or something and don't believe I'll be ready to work the next day (today). She says ok. This is about 9 30 pm so I figure that means they can call my customers in the AM to rebook.

Well. I get a call from our store manager being all annoyed telling me I was supposed to be in twenty minutes ago. To which I'm obviously like "what? I spoke to so and so at like 9 30 yesterday because I have food poisoning!" And the store manager starts getting all mad at ME about no appts having been rescheduled. Dumbest. Write up. Ever.
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
helloiloveyou
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 1:47 PM
The same thing happened to me when I was a groomer at a very large chain store. Too many managers that don't communicate. Its sad.
SodiumPentathol
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:19 PM
So frustrating.

Quoting helloiloveyou:

The same thing happened to me when I was a groomer at a very large chain store. Too many managers that don't communicate. Its sad.

LadyVoldemort
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:39 PM

ugh sorry mama

SodiumPentathol
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 4:28 PM
I'm just so annoyed. I had a couple of long time request customers first thing and I look AWFUL for not showing up.

Quoting LadyVoldemort:

ugh sorry mama

SyllabaryBisque
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Ooh, I'm loving your screen name...
SodiumPentathol
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Heh. That was df's brainchild

Quoting SyllabaryBisque:

Ooh, I'm loving your screen name...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN