Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Anyone convert to Islam? Please help.

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:48 PM
  • 64 Replies

Ok ladies I have some questions. Don't worry they are honest and non snarky or rude. 

I'm a Christian, have been since I can remember. But for some reason I'm so overly drawn to the Islamic faith. I don't really have a way to study it or anything. Now I have studied other religions out of curiosity, and when I say study I mean I speant years on it, not just googling them and calling it good.

Now I'm interested in converting except for the fact that I'm to scared to let go of Jesus being my savior. How did you let go of that or was it not a problem for you? 

I believe in all paths to God, that there's no wrong way of praising him or worshiping him. (though I don't support the crazies who do it, you know the ones who put them selves on fire in the middle of the street for a demonstration or whatever) Anyways. So I could use some sourses to do research and I know with Islam it's more on one female to teach another female about dressing and such. I could use some help in that area too. 

I'm a belly dancing and sword fighting mama of 2. I plan on enlisting into the army as soon as possible to serve my country and see some action. I have a great boy friend who loves my kids as much as I love them! If you are interested in belly dance or sword fighting but don't know where to start, go a head and ask me!

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GwenGray
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:49 PM

shrugging

GwenGray
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:49 PM

BUMP!

P.V.Hawkwind
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:49 PM
1 mom liked this

There is a mom...well a few moms that have converted so here is a bump for you! 

GwenGray
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Thanks!

Quoting P.V.Hawkwind:

There is a mom...well a few moms that have converted so here is a bump for you! 

I'm a belly dancing and sword fighting mama of 2. I plan on enlisting into the army as soon as possible to serve my country and see some action. I have a great boy friend who loves my kids as much as I love them! If you are interested in belly dance or sword fighting but don't know where to start, go a head and ask me!

J-KsMommy
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I converted in 07. To me it wasn't about letting go it was about a clear and accurate understanding of how to worship God. We don't reject Prophet Jesus pbuh he is dearly loved and respected but as a prophet not as a deity. Try the Muslim moms group. As for covering that's 1% it's a minor part it's a manifestion of faith not a necessity of it. 

J-KsMommy
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Google Yusef Estes listen to his lectures. 

mojogirl
by RoseannRoseannadanna on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:56 PM
So you want to convert to a religion that you've just confessed to really knowing nothing about??
GwenGray
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:56 PM

could you link me to the group?

Quoting J-KsMommy:

I converted in 07. To me it wasn't about letting go it was about a clear and accurate understanding of how to worship God. We don't reject Prophet Jesus pbuh he is dearly loved and respected but as a prophet not as a deity. Try the Muslim moms group. As for covering that's 1% it's a minor part it's a manifestion of faith not a necessity of it. 

MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:56 PM
I converted as a teen. It wasn't an issue for me because I never believed Jesus was what I grew up being taught.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GwenGray
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 3:58 PM

no, I know a lot about it, it's just a matter of me being ok with Jesus not being a savior. And I'm not sure how to do the two peice Hijabs. Those things have proven to be a pain in the butt for me. 

Quoting mojogirl:

So you want to convert to a religion that you've just confessed to really knowing nothing about??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN