Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You know what really grinds my gears: SAHMs with nannies

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:07 PM
  • 454 Replies
14 moms liked this

What is up with that?

I see it with my own eyes. Recently, I met woman at the supermarket with 2 little ones and I was having a friendly conversation with her. I asked "Oh, are these you kids" and she responed "No I am just their nanny. Their mom is sleeping." One of the little ones said "she is always shopping and sleeping. Miss Ellen always take care of us." In my mind I was just like "Really?!" but  I didn't comment on it. We finished our convo and split. I don't know the situation so I can't really judge the mom, but I have seen this many times before. It really pisses me off. The husband takes care of you and the kids. At least make the effort of being with your kids.

If you are a SAHM that takes care of their own kids, keep up the good work.

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
suzanneyea
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:09 PM
10 moms liked this

A lot of my friends have nannies, does not bother me. Many of them have three kids and their husbands work 80 hours a week. They need the help.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:11 PM
10 moms liked this

I find it kind of DUMB myself. If I could stay home, I'd be the one watching my kids. It seems like a waste of money to hire someone when you are HOME.

xredstarsx
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:11 PM
5 moms liked this
If I could have one 3 days a week for 4 hours I would be over joyed. But all the time? I don't see the point in that.
Amybelle
by AmyAzing on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:12 PM
81 moms liked this

I suggest Therapy.....your anger at something that has absolutely no effect on your life is unhealthy

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:12 PM
4 moms liked this
I don't know why this would bother you. I don't concern myself with what others do with their kids unless they are abusing them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:13 PM
28 moms liked this

I have a nanny and am at home.  I have 6 kids under the age of 5 so the full time help is nice since we have no family in the US.  I do leave all the kids with the nanny one day a week so I can grocery shop, have lunch with my hubby or get a pedicure.  If that bugs someone they really need to get a life.lol

inspain
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:13 PM
13 moms liked this

I have a friend with five kids.  She's a SAHM and she has a nanny.  If she didn't, it would be impossible for all five of her kids to get to and from their classes and extra-curricular lessons and projects and still come home to a home-made dinner.  

I have a few friends who are SAHMs, with nannies.  Some really need that extra set of hands and some don't.  Our housekeeper stays longer three days a week so that I can go to my yoga classes and DH doesn't need to rush home.  

Not all SAHMs with nannies do it so they can shop and nap.  I do know of a couple of women like that, but they are by no means the rule.  

If they can afford it and their husbands support it, what business is it of yours?  Try to remember that one size does not fit all, especially when it comes to parenting choices.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:14 PM
11 moms liked this

I am a SAHM and I have a nanny. She lives with us and it is great. I have 8 kids and homeschool all the ones that are school age. My nanny helps with the younger kids so I can teach my older kids without distractions. 

autodidact
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:15 PM
2 moms liked this

how is it any of your fucking business? 

micheledo
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:16 PM
14 moms liked this

I'd LOVE to have a housekeeper.  Someone else to do the laundry and all the cleaning (that I NEVER catch up on).  Then I could just hang out with my kids all day!!!  NowTHAT sounds good!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured