Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You know what really grinds my gears: SAHMs with nannies

Posted by   + Show Post

What is up with that?

I see it with my own eyes. Recently, I met woman at the supermarket with 2 little ones and I was having a friendly conversation with her. I asked "Oh, are these you kids" and she responed "No I am just their nanny. Their mom is sleeping." One of the little ones said "she is always shopping and sleeping. Miss Ellen always take care of us." In my mind I was just like "Really?!" but  I didn't comment on it. We finished our convo and split. I don't know the situation so I can't really judge the mom, but I have seen this many times before. It really pisses me off. The husband takes care of you and the kids. At least make the effort of being with your kids.

If you are a SAHM that takes care of their own kids, keep up the good work.

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:17 PM

How do you know she isn't ill with cancer or something else?

CuriousArentYa
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:18 PM
1 mom liked this

One summer I had my husbands teenage cousin help me. I had one year old twin boys, a two year daughter and an eleven year son. I needed help and wasn't ashamed to ask and pay for it. And yes, sometimes I would take a nap while she watched the kids. I didn't want my husband getting up with the kids in the middle of the night since he had to work in the morning, so many nights I was up most of the night. 

JTROX
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:19 PM
4 moms liked this

I think it's sad when a sahm wants to have a nanny.  Her kids are apparently not her priority.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:20 PM
I wouldn't mind having one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:20 PM
3 moms liked this

I would hire a referee if I was to hire help!  I get tired of figuring out the fights!

Goodbye.BlueSky
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:21 PM
2 moms liked this

I take care of my own kids, but I'd love a nanny. I don't think it's cool at all to have a nanny so you can ignore your kids, but to have an extra set of hands or someone to watch them when I need to get to the docs or if I'm sick and want to get a nap...that would be great. I wouldn't even want her around every day. Like once a week maybe.

I keep telling DF I just want someone who comes and cleans the kitchen. Just someone to sit there all day and clean it whenever there are dishes and keep it clean all day long. That's all I want. lol

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Maybe the Mother has an illness.  There are always two sides to every story. 

Miss.MandyLynn
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

omfg.. do you ladies ever get sick of judging eachother? not your life or effects you get over it

SyllabaryBisque
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:24 PM
This.

Or maybe she works third shift?

Quoting bowribbonmama:

How do you know she isn't ill with cancer or something else?

PestPatti
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Quality vs Quanity.    As for your rant, get over yourself.  You're not their parent now are you.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN