Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You know what really grinds my gears: SAHMs with nannies

Posted by   + Show Post

What is up with that?

I see it with my own eyes. Recently, I met woman at the supermarket with 2 little ones and I was having a friendly conversation with her. I asked "Oh, are these you kids" and she responed "No I am just their nanny. Their mom is sleeping." One of the little ones said "she is always shopping and sleeping. Miss Ellen always take care of us." In my mind I was just like "Really?!" but  I didn't comment on it. We finished our convo and split. I don't know the situation so I can't really judge the mom, but I have seen this many times before. It really pisses me off. The husband takes care of you and the kids. At least make the effort of being with your kids.

If you are a SAHM that takes care of their own kids, keep up the good work.

by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Replies (31-40):
dlnimo
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:47 PM
1 mom liked this
I guess I just don't see why it matters what OTHER people do in THEIR households :/
ashley9603
by RunningMomma on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I would love a nanny,I have three kids and am usually exhausted and could use a nap lol...however to have one full time is ridiculous.I think I have done a good job managing my home and my kids,however the ocassional break would rock lol.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:48 PM

My dh works offshore,I go to school,and take care of everything including our two boys.

AVSpecWife4
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:48 PM
I had one for awhile. It was nice.
mewebb82
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:51 PM
1 mom liked this

That mother might work nights or be seriously ill. You don't know the situation from such a short conversation and have no right to judge. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I would hire a nanny just so I could have someone to hang out with all day lol
brettsmomma
by ~Tammie~ on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:56 PM
1 mom liked this

That nanny needs to be fired for talking crap about her boss.

Photo: -Randi.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:58 PM
2 moms liked this

It is no worse than people who work or go to school part time and have their kids in daycare full time.  

I don't get it,  but try not to judge.  Some have good reasons, others may not...but it is their kids who will ultimately judge them on their parenting,  not I.

3kidz123
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:59 PM

People are lazy and/or had more kids than they can handle. Unless your sick, disabled, or grieving there is no excuse to be home and have a nanny. IMO

CarlyEliz
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 5:59 PM
I am a sahm and if i was well off i would so hire someone to help around the house so I could just do fun things with my son all the time. I wouldnt hire someone to raise my baby
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)