Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

does anyone have any positive csec stories?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I always hear beautiful stories of vaginal births and negative csec stories. I would love to hear happy stories of csec births.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Replies (11-20):
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:45 PM
1 mom liked this

My son flipped footling breech and I needed a C section.

It started with them shaving my pubic hair.  MIL didn't get out of the room in time, so she sat there awkwardly offering support as they buzzed my bush.  LOL

DH came back dressed in his little scrubs outfit and they moved me to the OR.

My anesthiologist introduced himself and let me know what to expect.  The assisting doctor and all the nurses dropped by to say hello and offer support.  DH was seated by my head, and they started prepping me.

The anesthiologist did a great job getting me numbed without numbing my chest to where I couldn't tell if I was breathing.  The whole way through he gave little updates on what was happening and what to expect.

At one point I got sick.  The anesthiologist had warned this could happen and was ready with a little bucket and suction.  He had told me there were 2 points one might feel sick.  First was when the uterus was pulled out to get to baby, second was a subsequent drop in blood pressure.  If they happen one at a time he can stop me from getting sick, but since they happened together it was too late.  

A nurse brought me a small cloth dipped in mouthwash to freshen my mouth.  DH was taken to get our new baby, and he came back by my head.  I lay there staring my new baby in the eyes while they stitched me up.  

The doctors took their time closing me up.  I had stitches all the way out instead of staples.  

At one point I suddenly got very tired and that scared me.  But the doctor assured me it was a normal drop in adrenaline once baby was out and safe and I dozed off.  My son was very patient and just stared at me or DH the whole 45 minutes it took to seal me up.

I was taken to recovery and DS latched on quickly.  Our nursing relationship was very strong.  I had an infection while healing, but I healed quickly and have almost no scar.

SalemWitchChild
by Blessed be on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Mine was pretty typical I think. Nothing horrific happened. I went in (scheduled). They gave me an IV of fluids. That makes you cold and shaky btw. I never knew it would do that so I was concerned at first. The nurse that was with me was very experienced and calmed me. She stayed for the whole ordeal. The best part I remember about her is when they had me in the OR I stared at her eyes while they put the needle in my back. They were a pretty hazel.

Anyway, it wasn't long before I got to meet my son. My DH was in there until they took my son to the nursery. Then the anesthesiologist stood by my head and kept me informed on what they were doing. In no time I was wheeled into recovery. Dh made an excuse abou t getting our cell phone so he could check and see if I was okay. He wasn't suppose to be in the room for an hour while they observed my vitals and I regained feeling. 

Anyway, nothing alarming or special happend, other than the special little boy I birthed. :)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:46 PM
5 moms liked this
Exactly why do you think a c-section will keep you out of adult diapers?

Quoting Anonymous:

My csection was positive for me because now I won't have to worry about having to wear adult diapers when I'm older. Also it was positive because I didn't have to get an episitomy.

joannawaddoups
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:46 PM

whats a breast crawl?

Quoting Heisenberg:

My second one was pretty decent. It was scheduled. They sewed me up and put my son right on my chest and put us in recovery together where I spend an hour doing a breast crawl which was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. 

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:46 PM

I had an emergency c section at 29 weeks with my twins. I was up and walking a few short hours later. I had no issues what so ever. 

suzanneyea
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:46 PM

I loved mine. Ok, I hated it right after I, I couldn't stop shaking. But , it was easy to recover. My vaginal birth hurt! I could not sit for over a month!

SommelierMom
by Emerald Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Zero complications, very little pain, off meds almost immediately, discharged a day early, perfectly healthy infant

I would have another c-section in the future.
chickensmommy
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:47 PM
I have 2 healthy children... That's all I gotta say about that.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:47 PM
Im terrified of tearing or uterine rupture I feel like fear is some thing that would cause complications thats why I chose another csec.

Quoting Anonymous:

My csection was positive for me because now I won't have to worry about having to wear adult diapers when I'm older. Also it was positive because I didn't have to get an episitomy.

Mrs.Vallo
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:47 PM

My three were amazing. Perfect if you ask me. My next one will be my last and I am worried i wont find a doctor who will do it also worried about recovery since I will be getting my tubes tied at the same time.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN