Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

does anyone have any positive csec stories?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I always hear beautiful stories of vaginal births and negative csec stories. I would love to hear happy stories of csec births.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Replies (21-30):
the_dude
by abides on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:47 PM

wish dude could say yes. but alas, no...

bambismom
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:48 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't know why c-sections get such a bad rep.  Sometimes they are necessary for the safety of the mother and baby.  I had one with my second baby because he was quite large (9 pds. 10 oz)  with a big head and shoulders.  I didn't care how I had him as long as he was O.K.  I think it is selfish of women to whine about having a c-section when most of the time it can save your baby's life.  You are sore afterwards, but I'll tell you what, I had a friend that SHOULD have had a c-section.  They let things progress too far and the cord was wrapped around the baby's neck.  They didn't even have time for an episiotomy so she tore wide open!  That's way worse than a c-section.  It hurt for her to poop, have sex, etc.  OUCH!   She had to sit on a pillow at work for like 4 months.  Not every vaginal birth is a success story. 

Heisenberg
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:49 PM
4 moms liked this

It's where you put the new born baby on your chest, skin to skin and you let him move to your breast on his own and self latch. It takes about an hour but it's really amazing and I had no nervousness or issues breast feeding after that.

Quoting joannawaddoups:

whats a breast crawl?

Quoting Heisenberg:

My second one was pretty decent. It was scheduled. They sewed me up and put my son right on my chest and put us in recovery together where I spend an hour doing a breast crawl which was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. 

lilb09
by Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:50 PM

My c-section went wonderfully!!!  The doc, nurses, and anesteologist got to know my attitude pretty well before hand so they made jokes and had me laughing so hard.  

cymkare
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Mine didn't go well because I went through twenty hrs of labor first and then was told I had to have one, given an epi, and delivered all within 40 mins. Then there were some complications with my kidneys. And my body from hips down became insanely swollen. Seriously, like twice as big as normal. 

But all that was a result of labor and starting to deliver, then switching to c-section. My doctor said if it had just been one or the other (not both) my recovery would not have been so bad. 

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

SandyLaxner
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Had my 1 and only child/c-section at age 41 and did fine.  During,I got very nauseated,but was given med for it and was fine.  Was not very painful,I healed well,and have an extremely faint scar.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:50 PM
I had one with my second child and overall it was a positive experience. Worst part for me was the morphine after, made me want to vomit :/
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:50 PM
My first was emergency so it was unexpected and of course I was tired from labor.
The next three cesareans were great! The first one taught me to get up ASAP. I learned to move move move. Slowly but move. It helps with the pain.
I was of course sore, but had no complications, and the nurses could not believe that I was a cesarean birth. I took 100% care of my babies after the surgeries.
So it was a fairly positive experience for me, overall.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dlnimo
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:50 PM
I've had both a vaginal delivery ( my first DD) and a c-section (breech twins). They were both equally amazing for me. I did find that I recovered quicker with my c-section than with my vaginal delivery.
handy0318
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I have a nephew, a great-nephew and two great-nieces who came via c-section. The "happy" part is that they are all alive and well... and would not have been had it not been for the c-section.

One of the stories involved here is the story of my nieces twin girls... her first was born vaginally... but the other just didn't seem to come... there were complications and I honestly don't know all of the details... suffice it to say that they had to perform an emergency c-section and the baby had to go to NICU... but... after three weeks in the NICU, she was able to go home to her twin.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)