Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

does anyone have any positive csec stories?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I always hear beautiful stories of vaginal births and negative csec stories. I would love to hear happy stories of csec births.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Replies (31-40):
SaGe_Ed
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I had a csection with my first because she was breech at 42 weeks.  I wouldn't say it was the most amazing birth experience I've had (I had two vbacs afterward) but it was by no means a negative experience.  The only issue was that I had an anxiety attack during if and felt like I couldn't breathe, but that was on me 100%.  I didn't really like not seeing my daughter immediately or being able to hold her, but I know it's not like that with all hospitals.

momtosandl
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:51 PM

First child was an emergency csec, pretty unpleasant.  The second was scheduled csec and much better.  I had a tubal with the second one.  I'm positive I won't give birth again.  ;-)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I had one on Thursday. It was awesome honestly. It's different than a vaginal birth however, mine had a different twist on it. I thought I was going in just for a repeat c section. I knew my little girl would be amazing in her own little way. As soon as she came out she was screaming :) They showed her to me and put her on the table to clean her. After about a minute my DH came over and looked nervous. He wanted to tell me that she was missing a finger. I was scared and nervous of what she would "look" like. I knew  I loved her and everything would be fine. After seeing her and loving her even more It's really made the quote " Love is seeing the imperfect person perfectly" come to full true light. I couldn't imagine her now any other way. She's truely special  and it made me love her birth honestly. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:52 PM
I've had four, but the last one was the easiest. With a spinal I felt nothing (not even pressure). Plus we didn't know the sex, so that was pretty exciting.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:52 PM
Thank you. A calm beautiful story. I remember shaking pretty badly while they were getting my son out.

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

My son flipped footling breech and I needed a C section.

It started with them shaving my pubic hair.  MIL didn't get out of the room in time, so she sat there awkwardly offering support as they buzzed my bush.  LOL

DH came back dressed in his little scrubs outfit and they moved me to the OR.

My anesthiologist introduced himself and let me know what to expect.  The assisting doctor and all the nurses dropped by to say hello and offer support.  DH was seated by my head, and they started prepping me.

The anesthiologist did a great job getting me numbed without numbing my chest to where I couldn't tell if I was breathing.  The whole way through he gave little updates on what was happening and what to expect.

At one point I got sick.  The anesthiologist had warned this could happen and was ready with a little bucket and suction.  He had told me there were 2 points one might feel sick.  First was when the uterus was pulled out to get to baby, second was a subsequent drop in blood pressure.  If they happen one at a time he can stop me from getting sick, but since they happened together it was too late.  

A nurse brought me a small cloth dipped in mouthwash to freshen my mouth.  DH was taken to get our new baby, and he came back by my head.  I lay there staring my new baby in the eyes while they stitched me up.  

The doctors took their time closing me up.  I had stitches all the way out instead of staples.  

At one point I suddenly got very tired and that scared me.  But the doctor assured me it was a normal drop in adrenaline once baby was out and safe and I dozed off.  My son was very patient and just stared at me or DH the whole 45 minutes it took to seal me up.

I was taken to recovery and DS latched on quickly.  Our nursing relationship was very strong.  I had an infection while healing, but I healed quickly and have almost no scar.

HistoryMamaX3
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:53 PM

My first c-section (second pregnancy) was unplanned due to a crazy medical emergency- rather unpleasant and unwelcomed at the time. My third child was a planned c-section- which I wasn't happy about at first, but by the time I got to the end of that pregnancy- I was SO SO SO happy to just walk in and have them do their thing. :-) I just didn't want to be pregnant any more and I wanted my baby- I didn't care HOW. The recovery was better than being pregnant by that point. lol

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Mine was wonderful. They put me to sleep and I woke up with a beautiful baby. For two days afterwards I had all the pain meds I needed to feel comfortable. No complaints from me.
SandyLaxner
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Quoting Mrs.Vallo:

My three were amazing. Perfect if you ask me. My next one will be my last and I am worried i wont find a doctor who will do it also worried about recovery since I will be getting my tubes tied at the same time.

I had my tubes tied at the same time and had no problems.

Elyce225
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:53 PM

My 1st section was horrible. It was an emergency and unexpected.

My 2nd one was planned (no Dr would do a VBAC) and was wonderful. It was so easy and nice. Me and the Drs were all joking around and the mood was great. Baby came out and was wonderful. I was up and walking on my own the next day. Went in on a Friday and had him. Was home on Sunday, DH went back to work on Monday.

Very easy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2_2542
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 8:54 PM
No but I had two wonderful vbacs after.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)