Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much of an age gap is too much?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 30 Replies

I'm 37 years old and recently divorced.  

A few months back I met a man at a function and we hit it off and chatted most of the event.  He seemed sweet and funny and courteous.  Then I found out he's 23.  I pegged him for a young looking mid thirties based on his maturity.

This weekend he was at a wedding I attended.  Neither of us like the dance floor, party scene so we sat and talked.  Then things went further.  We didn't intend on it, it just happened (ya, I know, you've heard it all before, lol).  He has asked if I'd like to go out again.  I like him but I was in Highschool while he was in diapers!  He has a career and has done more in life than most his age (hence the reason I thought he was closer to my age than he is).  

I want to say yes (really, really want to say yes) but I'm terrified of telling people who I'm going out with.  To complicate matters this was a family wedding and he's a cousin of the groom (I'm related to the bride).  Is going out with someone this much younger than me robbing the cradle?   

Edited to add: he knows how old I am and he knows my oldest child is only 10 years younger than him.

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4weeman
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:05 PM
To hell with it! Get it girl!
catrig
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:06 PM
go for it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imacafemomer
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Im 32 hes 45.

crysiann
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:08 PM
I say go for it!!
thenameshailie
by Ruby Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:08 PM
I dont think of ages, but just pages of life. If youre on the same one then go for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SaGe_Ed
by Bronze Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Age is just a number.  Seriously.  If you like him go for it.

EAzizM
by Erica on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:11 PM
If you are both consenting adults and you know each others age..it is no one else's business. Do what you want.
RaisinGirl78
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:13 PM

My only hesitation would be the family aspect. If it doesn't work out you will have to see each. I wouldn't worry about the age difference. He is legal and sounds mature. If you were a man no one would bat an eye. It's not like you want to marry the guy lol.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:16 PM

I'm 25 and he is 38, as long as you are both of legal age and have the same goals in life then GO FOR IT :) You may very well be passing up a great guy if you get too worried about what others think, live YOUR life the way you want because you only live once after all.

beerabitch69
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 9:18 PM

go for it!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured