Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Um, isn't that my decision?

Posted by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Ley
  • 68 Replies
My new dr's office told me they get to decide whether or not I can even attempt a vbac. I thought that was my decision, and all they could do if they didn't like it was tell me they can no longer see me?

I know they can refuse me as a patient if I insist on a VBAC, you don't have to tell me that.

My hospital recommends VBACs, it's my dr's office that is being stupid. Idk if it's just my dr, or all the drs in tje practice. Idk of any other practices that go to my hospital, either.

For those of you suggesting midwives, I would love to have one, but the only hospital here that has midwives and takes me insurance has the highest infant death rate and the lowest rating for the maternal ward.
by on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OneAllergicMama
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:40 PM
3 moms liked this

Well since they are the medical professionals and you are not, I kinda see their point.

catrig
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:41 PM
You are correct.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Yes its their choice if they feel its safe. Your choice to go to someone else. My sister had a vbac, she had to find a dr who was willing
catrig
by Platinum Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:41 PM
They can make recommendations. Strongly recommend.

Quoting OneAllergicMama:

Well since they are the medical professionals and you are not, I kinda see their point.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DropZoneMom
by Silver Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:41 PM
4 moms liked this

They can recommend that you not have one -- and refuse to have you as a patient, if you are adament about doing it anyway.

But if they are already telling you it's THEIR decision....yeah....I think I'd find another OB.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:42 PM
I think they need to evaluate you and the reason for the last csection to make sure you are not at risk to be seriously hurt by labor and delivery.
lesalmi
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Your correct. They can not force anything on you. I would seek a second opinion and state that IF it becomes necessary you will have a csection but you want the opportunity for a vbac
Ashley1113
by Ley on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:42 PM
But it's my choice to attempt one. They're not legally allowed to tell me I can't even attempt one. All they can do is highly advise against it.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes its their choice if they feel its safe. Your choice to go to someone else. My sister had a vbac, she had to find a dr who was willing

finnbar
by Gold Member on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Lolz they are treating you like chatel to see if you will submit to their assumption of authority over you.
Bad sign. I highly doubt you will get a fair chance at a vbac with this outfit

Quoting Ashley1113:

My new dr's office told me they get to decide whether or not I can even attempt a vbac. I thought that was my decision, and all they could do if they didn't like it was tell me they can no longer see me?

Ashley1113
by Ley on Oct. 27, 2013 at 10:43 PM
They haven't made their decision yet

Quoting lesalmi:

Your correct. They can not force anything on you. I would seek a second opinion and state that IF it becomes necessary you will have a csection but you want the opportunity for a vbac

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN