Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This girl can't be serious! Updat in red.

Posted by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:43 AM
  • 185 Replies
1 mom liked this

So I am not a morning person. AT ALL!!! My daughter is 10 times worse. She obviously didn't get her stuff ready the night before. She puts on a dress, no tights or nothing! I tell her she is not wearing that. It is a summer dress. It is not summer. She started flipping out on me!! I am like OH HELL NAH!!! She gives me attitude and tries to yell at me. I told her she better check herself and realize who she is yelling at, cuz I know it's not at me! I told her to get some pants on. Its freezing out. And she proceeds to yell at me. I am shocked at her nerve. And she has the balls to crawl up into her bed. I will chalk it up to her maybe going through the big change. But still, when I went through it, I knew better than to yell at my mom. If I ever gave my mom attitude, I would brace myself for an ass whooping!!! Anyone else has a grouchy bear in the morning? I am making her ass go to bed earlier. Not dealing with this and I have not had my coffee yet.

Update... I wrote a list out for her. She read it when she got home. It was a list of responsibilities she needs to do. She is suppoed to have her stuff ready the night before. I don't ask every single night if she has it ready because I assume she can handle. But after this morning and another grouchy morning, yep I will be on that like white on rice. I also had a picture up of her but apparently it confused people. It was just a pic of my daughter. I am freakin tired. I am about to go relax.... mmmm relax..... yes.

And today was a much better day! My lecture and letter worked. Lets see for how long though. She went to bed about a half an hour earlier. She did try to stall though. But that is typical.   may just tweek it a couple more minutes earlier tonight to make sure she goes is atleast sleepin by 9pm. Before 9pm was her bed time. I went down to 830p but she was yackin and "forgetting" to brush her teeth and go potty. So I may go for 815 so she will be in bed BY 830 and asleep by 9.

Oh and here is a previous post about her grumpy butt

http://www.cafemom.com/group/115189/forums/read/19222218/She_is_only_10

by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imandia4
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:44 AM

Bump

imandia4
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Bump

MommyLove23
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:49 AM
6 moms liked this
My 5 year old has a fashion dilemma almost every morning lol..She gets so mad and one time tried to hide in the toy box bc I wouldn't let her wear some god awful outfit lol..
imandia4
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Oh man. Mine was like, I will look stupid with pants and this dress. I said she should have thought about that last night when she was supposed to get her stuff ready. On top of that I now have to go through her bag every morning because she sneaks things to school and I can not trust her. Little divas. Lol.

Quoting MommyLove23:

My 5 year old has a fashion dilemma almost every morning lol..She gets so mad and one time tried to hide in the toy box bc I wouldn't let her wear some god awful outfit lol..

VirgoMom07
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:51 AM
4 moms liked this
I remember an episode of the Cosby show where Rudy wanted to wear a summer dress in the fall and she coped a whole attitude about it. Sorry, not helpful, I know. Just reminded me of that. And now I feel old haha
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:53 AM
3 moms liked this

My ds yelled at me one time.   I smacked his mouth.  He had just turned 13.   He checks his attitude before bringing it to me now.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

PookaboosMom
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:55 AM
Dd is pretty easy clothing wise. I put away everything that she can't wear because of the cold and she mostly wears jeans and t shirts so not much to mismatch.

....but she is still horrible in the morning because she hates waking up and brushing her teeth and getting here hair done. She was extra bad this morning because she was out of school all last week and still isn't feeling well but doctor said she isn't contagious anymore and to send her. I have a feeling she'll get sent home but the school has been up my butt about having her back....so oh well
weezer_cookie
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:56 AM
10 moms liked this
I would have let her wear the dress. Let her see how cold it was. Nothing better than natural consequences, IMO.

I would have also packed extra clothes for when she realizes her mistake. Told the teacher what's going on, etc. best if luck, my DD can be really sassy in the mornings. She's only 6! LOL
armywife009
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 7:56 AM

I would have let her go to school and freeze. You handled that well.

Yikes, I am not looking forward to those years, we have two girls 17 months apart. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)