Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My Therapist is Calling CPS

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 121 Replies
1 mom liked this
I met with her today and told her i had spanked my son and that he had 2 bruises on him. And that im not sure if they are from that or not. He falls A LOT and has bruises elsewhere. She called me and informed me her supervisor said to make the call to cps. Im afraid they will take my kids away. They just closed my case in July. My boys were in foster care last year for 4 months because i had ppd and called cps myself asking for help. They were returned home July last year and the case remained open for one year. Im freaking out.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:28 PM
8 moms liked this
This is why so many people are scared to reach out or ask for help. I hope everything turns out ok for you and your kids.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Exactly. I just needed to get it out and tell someone. I dont beat my kids. I spank my 4 yr old sometimes when im angry. And i know it is wrong. And i feel horrible.

Quoting Anonymous:

This is why so many people are scared to reach out or ask for help. I hope everything turns out ok for you and your kids.

lilbit53009
by on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:30 PM
3 moms liked this

wow...this is what's wrong with society. you're seeking help, and mention spanking to your threapist (which isn't against the law) and in turn you get CPS called on you?

good luck mama

Lunarprancer
by Betsy on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Call a lawyer.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:32 PM
10 moms liked this
"I don't beat my kids, I just sometimes hit them when I'm angry."

That right there is why your kids need to be so we here safe while you work out your issues.

Quoting Anonymous:

Exactly. I just needed to get it out and tell someone. I dont beat my kids. I spank my 4 yr old sometimes when im angry. And i know it is wrong. And i feel horrible.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:32 PM
Thank you

Quoting lilbit53009:

wow...this is what's wrong with society. you're seeking help, and mention spanking to your threapist (which isn't against the law) and in turn you get CPS called on you?

good luck mama

cali_gurl
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:32 PM

I think the problem is the bruises and the fact that she doesn't know if she left them on her child or not. Spanking because you are mad and when you are mad can be a problem. Good luck.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:32 PM
2 moms liked this

if you know you are doing it while being angry, then you need to sign yourself up for parenting class to learn how to deal. that way you are being proactive

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:33 PM
Leaving bruises is illegal, that's abuse.

Quoting lilbit53009:

good luck mama

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 28, 2013 at 2:33 PM
I think i will call my previous attorney.

Quoting Lunarprancer:

Call a lawyer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)