Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son punched

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies
A boy at school:/ My DS is 5 an has had issues with this kid picking on him. Well today I got a call from the school asking me to come in. I got there and sat down with his principle and found this other boy kissed him on the lips and my DS got mad and punched him in the face.

Well we pulled DS into the office and he said this boy made him feel uncomfortable and that he told him to go away before he punch him. He also said that he punch him because the boy wasn't allowed to kiss him and it wasn't right(we've taught him about unwanted touching).

I find it necessary to say we are not a homophobic family and have also taught DS to be excepting of everyone.

I want to be upset with DS for hitting, but he views what he did as defending himself.

He was suspend for 1 day and the other boy is being punished too.

What would you do??
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strongforthem
by Platinum Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:27 PM
12 moms liked this
He shouldn't be punished for defending himself from unwanted sexual advancement. Even at age 5.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:28 PM
2 moms liked this

I'd punch the kid too... boy or girl... try to kiss me and end up with a bloody lip!! lol. Poor kid!

Mena929
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:38 PM

I would not punish my child for that. I would explain it would have been much better for him to have moved away and gotten a teacher involved though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:38 PM
The school feels different. He was suspend for one day. The other boy is being punished too although the principle couldn't tell me what it was.

Quoting strongforthem:

He shouldn't be punished for defending himself from unwanted sexual advancement. Even at age 5.
PISCIS29
by Gold Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:39 PM
This. I agree.

Quoting strongforthem:

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:39 PM

My kid got punched......He is 5 and deserved it.....

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:40 PM
The principle basically said that no matter what it wasn't ok for DS to punch the kid, so now my DS is being suspend.

Quoting Mena929:

I would not punish my child for that. I would explain it would have been much better for him to have moved away and gotten a teacher involved though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:40 PM

He should not be suspended. I'll bet this isn't the first incident with that other child.

Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

he should have the right to protect himself. I don't think hitting somebody who kisses him makes him a homophobe, but sadly you would have to expect people to say something about that on a site like this....

If he told the other kid to go away and he didn't, your son probably felt somewhat threatened. I see nothing wrong with him hitting the other kid. That is, if he hit him once, not if he just kept hitting him.

Idntreallycare
by Silver Member on Oct. 28, 2013 at 4:41 PM

I don't think legally they can tell you what's being done to the other child. 

Quoting Anonymous:

The school feels different. He was suspend for one day. The other boy is being punished too although the principle couldn't tell me what it was.

Quoting strongforthem:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)