Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

what is up with parents

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:15 AM
  • 66 Replies
Can someone explain to me please what is so hard to pay attention to your kids events in school or the things that are happening in school? for example my son's class is having a Halloween party and when I talk to parents about it So far 3 parents tell me that they didnt
even know that's happing and they didn't know about it and that's not including the pumpkin patch I had several parents tell me that I didn't know they were having the pumpkin patch and I didn't know I could go I'm too busy to go anyways. Its just makes me mad that these parents don't pay attention to what's going on with their kids. I mean its not like they don't tell you ahead of time and its not like they don't tell you a week and a couple days before it happens.I do not understand these parents I know we are busy because We are moms and dads and we have a lot of crap that goes on in our life but can't you just take a break and pay attention to your kids too I mean what's the point of having kids if you're not going to pay attention to them. sorry I just had to vent and this is my confession for today this is what makes me so angry right now.
by on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:17 AM
People work. Life home etc. Not everyone can call off work to go to a pumpkin patch for one or more kids
jojo_382
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:24 AM
No that understandale but I mean the parents that they don't even know that things are happening in their kids class or the stuff that was going on. I mean its not like they don't read the pamphlet that they give Out every month so we parents what Happen that whole month can't they just take 2 minutes out of their busy lives just to sit down and read the paper that's going on in tHere child life but I also can see they can't just sit there and read it but its not like the teachers and the assistance don't say you know they're having pumpkin patch in two days or in a week or the having this party in a week they Tells in time.to make matters worse I've heard the teachers say that some of the parents are doing the kids Home work why can't you just sit there and help them do their homework instead of doing it for them

Quoting mommy_me:

People work. Life home etc. Not everyone can call off work to go to a pumpkin patch for one or more kids

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Don't worry about what they do or don't know as far as their children are concerned. Concentrate on your children......they are the ones missing out...not you

jojo_382
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:29 AM
that's true but its just annoying and upsetting to see how these parents are

Quoting Sassy762:

Don't worry about what they do or don't know as far as their children are concerned. Concentrate on your children......they are the ones missing out...not you

Sassy762
by CAFE SASSY HBIC on Oct. 29, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Yes it is BUT you can't change them. They are going to regret this later on......kwim

Quoting jojo_382:

Quoting Sassy762:

jojo_382
by Silver Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:07 PM
yes that is so true karma is gonna be off b I t c h

Quoting Sassy762:

Yes it is BUT you can't change them. They are going to regret this later on......kwim

Quoting jojo_382:

Quoting Sassy762:

almondpigeon
by Ruby Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:09 PM
When my son was in elementary school, I never knew what was going on. He never brought any info home, so I had no way to know. I feel okay about missing halloween carnivals and such.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Maybe they feign ignorance so they don't have to deal with that stupid crap.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:12 PM
I hate the stupid karma remark. It's not your business, get your head out of their asses.

Quoting jojo_382:

yes that is so true karma is gonna be off b I t c h

Quoting Sassy762:

Quoting jojo_382:

Quoting Sassy762:

Seagodess
by Platinum Member on Oct. 29, 2013 at 12:13 PM

I pay close attention. However sometimes DS doesn't get info about things sent home until a day or 2 before something is going on. That isn't always enough time to plan.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)